any ukers in texas?

bobyman122

Reaction score
hi I'm moving from Washington state to Texas, I'm moving to a town called Louisville near another town called the colony. Please let me know if you are in that area or know any one that is that plays uke or if there are any jam groups that meet up.

I'm not awfully far from there (30 miles give or take). I'm in North Richland Hills - basically just a smidgin northeast of Fort Worth. I think the town you are moving to is spelled Lewisville, though. ;)

There is a pretty active group over in Dallas - I haven't managed to connect with them other than online because of my crazy schedule. A couple of them hang out here so I'm sure they'll probably see this and connect with you.

Welcome to Texas.

John

I'd be interested to know this too.

The wifey just got a job offer down in Houston. We're weighing pros and cons of moving there. Knowing about the uke community is key to the decision. ;)

Yes, there is a LARGE Uke group just miles from you - Dallas Ukulele Headquarters

My husband Mark and I run the club - we have 380 members and are growing!

We have about 4 different types of get togethers each month - check us out - www.ukulele.meetup.com/84/

We also have the LONE STAR UKE FEST - next week - April 7-9 - vendors, raffles, workshops, jams, open mic, concerts and much more. Kimo Hussey, Gerald Ross, Ukulele Bartt, Michael Lynch, and many, many more flying in to teach and perform.

Check out the website for the fest - www.lonestarukefest.com

Look forward to meeting you!

Kathy Levine
Dallas Ukulele Headquarters

Yeah, what Kathy said. Dallas Ukulele Headquarters is a great group of people. Lots of opportunities to participate.

Yes! I am in Frisco. Which part of it touches Lewisville and The Colony. Let me know when you get to the area!

Jamie:

There is a reason that there are a lot of folks moving to the Southern part of the US and Texas is a leader because of it's business friendly, tax friendly and right to work laws. You will not find a citizenry more proud of their state than Texans.

Bobby:

You will find all you need in the way of uke stuff in the greater DFW area. Get to a DUH meeting and you will be surprised.

Ralph

My husband Mark and I run the club - we have 380 members and are growing!

We have about 4 different types of get togethers each month - check us out - www.ukulele.meetup.com/84/

We also have the LONE STAR UKE FEST - next week - April 7-9 - vendors, raffles, workshops, jams, open mic, concerts and much more. Kimo Hussey, Gerald Ross, Ukulele Bartt, Michael Lynch, and many, many more flying in to teach and perform.

Check out the website for the fest - www.lonestarukefest.com

Look forward to meeting you!

Kathy Levine
Dallas Ukulele Headquarters

This might be a good time to announce that (or bump thread if there is already one there) in the Regional Events section because I'd forgotten all about the upcoming ukefest...

John

Hi,
I live in Lewisville and work in The Colony. As soon as you move to this area and get settled, you should join up with the Dallas Ukelele Club! Great people, young to old- people from absolute beginners to very experienced people which love to help new people. Mark and Kathy (the organizers) are great people. Lot's of the meet-ups are in reserved rooms at diners thru-out the metroplex. Also Noel Tardy (one of the members) has a uke shop in Dallas near White Rock Lake you could check out.

I live in Houston. There isn't much going on here that I'm aware of, but I'd like to organize something eventually.

And thank you for the info oldephart, it is lewisville that i'm in haha. Not (louisville)... at any rate i'm excited to meet some ukers way out here in texas =]

Top Bottom