Got my Goldtone banjo uke today....

cb56

Reaction score
Pretty stoked! It sounds and plays amazing! The tailpiece (?) that holds the strings on is a bit off center so I may take it back in to be looked at, but it doesn't seem to effect anything. I ended up getting the concert necked version. So far I'm real happy with it.

Welcome to the 'dark side' and congratulations!

Maybe we ought to start a banjo uke club/thread.
btw, not replacing my regular tenor uke, just another color to the tonal pallette.

Congrats. having received my Mainland yesterday, I know the FUN you're having.

I love Goldtone Banjoleles. Have fun and congratulations.

Hello,

Yes, I love my Gold Tone Banjolele! I play it at least twice a day (hour or two practice sessions) vs. once a day with the SK-38. I just love the sound and playability! I plan to order the "resonator kit" (upgrade from Standard model to Deluxe model) today.

I agree with post above: "Maybe we ought to start a banjo uke club/thread"!

Congrats on another addition to the family, can't wait to see it and compare it to the ones I have

I third the motion, if it were a motion. Yes - it would be easy to find the threads if there was a separate category in the forum.

The tailpiece is adjustable. Take the tension off your strings by tuning down, then loosen the screw holding the tailpiece in place, and then simply move the tailpiece to the position you need it to be in, then re-tighten the tailpiece screw and tune back up.

I've played a lot of Gold Tones, but never bought one. It comes with a key, doesn't it?

Funny... There must have been a run on these things lately because I keep seeing people saying they just got theirs. (I just got mine last week!)

~DB

I third the motion, if it were a motion. Yes - it would be easy to find the threads if there was a separate category in the forum.

The tailpiece is adjustable. Take the tension off your strings by tuning down, then loosen the screw holding the tailpiece in place, and then simply move the tailpiece to the position you need it to be in, then re-tighten the tailpiece screw and tune back up.

I've played a lot of Gold Tones, but never bought one. It comes with a key, doesn't it?
Yes they do. A nice combo of head wrench and phillips screw driver.

~DB

btw, not replacing my regular tenor uke, just another color to the tonal pallette.

There are already 2 banjo uke groups in Community. I already suggested a banjo uke thread and got some cold reviews for some reason.

Aloha CB56,
Congrats on your new banjo ukulele....I'm sooo jealous...Have fun and enjoy ....Happy Strummings. MM Stan

Thanks,I'll give that a try.
Key- yes it does.
I'll try to get some videos up soon.

Top Bottom