April Fool - The Middlezone - How funny was that!

claudios

Reaction score
Just saw the spoof home page for UU. How funny was Middlezone!
Who did that video of ken? That was classic!

"Ken Middleton is one of the few ukulele players that pronounces “Aquila” correctly."
Actually he is the closest. He says A-kwilla but it is Akwee-la. The Italians corrected him at NAM but didn't even understand Dahlberg :D

Funny!:cool:

Cheers,
Claudio
http://claudio-uke.blogspot.com/

I was totally fooled. I thought someone hacked the site.

That was great. Nice job to all involved. I love all the KM facts and rumors!

Imagine my shock. It completely freaked me out. I clicked my link to UU, as I do several times every day, and saw pictures of me. Unusual I thought. Something is not quite right here.

I looked at the video still and was momentarily stunned. For a start, I hadn't been that thin for 20 years. Another thing was that I didn't remember being on a disco dance floor anytime recently.

I then started to wonder whether UU had been high-jacked by some avid, computer-literate and possibly deranged YT subscriber. In these few seconds, it didn't occur to me what the date was.

Only after I started to look at my biography did I begin to work out what was happening to me. I hadn't gone into a parallel universe after all a universe where I am rich and famous).

Spookily though, nearly everything written about me is correct. How did they find out? Who are "they" anyway? I suspect one of them may be Russ. It certainly looked like him, but the white beard and the excellent styling of his shirt threw me. Actually the only fact they got wrong is that I pronounce Aquila correctly. This is obviously an incorrect fact. How can everyone in America be so wrong? I am going to start pronouncing it A-kee-la from on. I will leave it up to the Italians to say A-quee-la. What do they know?

Whoever is responsible, thanks for doing this. It made my day, thought my heart did stop beating for a brief moment. Fortunately, it re-started when I realised it was April Fool's Day.

Last edited:
Jolly good fun! Such antics, buffoonery, burlesque, clowning, drollery, escapade, farce, frolic, gags, gambol, hoodwinking, horseplay, humor, jests, mischief, monkeyshines, mummery, parody, pranks, puns, put-ons, raillery, repartee, shenanigans, stunts, tomfoolery, tricks, whimsy, wisecracks, & witticisms . . .

MAKE UU A JOY TO BE A PART OF! :cheers:

And Ken shall forever henceforth be known as K-MID

Last edited:
Actually the only fact they got wrong is that I pronounce Aquila correctly. This is obviously an incorrect fact. How can everyone in America be wrong? I am going to start pronouncing it A-kee-la from on. I will leave it up to the Italians to say A-quee-la. What do they know?

Haha - I remember the Italians even corrected you at NAM.

How funny was that video of you reviewing the Oreos - That was actually very funny for Americans.

Only because I put the emphasis on the second syllable rather than the first. But you're right.

Yeah I get corrected by my Italian cousins all the time - You'll never get it right! You might as well say Akeeela like Matt and stick to it.

FYI, just a heads up to the OP, I merged this thread to this one . . .

Apparently I missed it. Anyway to see it again?

Ken Middleton’s ukulele music has yet to lose any competition. He once entered his cover of MmmBop into a chili cookoff and won every category.

You guys owe me a cup of coffee. Most of mine came out my nose.

Top Bottom