PDA

View Full Version : April Fool - The Middlezone - How funny was that!

claudios
04-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Just saw the spoof home page for UU. How funny was Middlezone!
Who did that video of ken? That was classic!

"Ken Middleton is one of the few ukulele players that pronounces “Aquila” correctly."
Actually he is the closest. He says A-kwilla but it is Akwee-la. The Italians corrected him at NAM but didn't even understand Dahlberg :D

Funny!:cool:

Cheers,
Claudio
http://claudio-uke.blogspot.com/

rbeetsme
04-01-2011, 02:48 AM
Great April Fools gag!

claudios
04-01-2011, 02:50 AM
That was hilarious. Who did that video?

Cheers,
Claudio

ukeeku
04-01-2011, 03:01 AM
That was so funny.

SweetWaterBlue
04-01-2011, 03:26 AM
That was great. Looks like Russ Buss to me.

Kauai808
04-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I was totally fooled. I thought someone hacked the site.

ukulelecowboy
04-01-2011, 04:22 AM
That was great. Nice job to all involved. I love all the KM facts and rumors!

Ken Middleton
04-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Imagine my shock. It completely freaked me out. I clicked my link to UU, as I do several times every day, and saw pictures of me. Unusual I thought. Something is not quite right here.

I looked at the video still and was momentarily stunned. For a start, I hadn't been that thin for 20 years. Another thing was that I didn't remember being on a disco dance floor anytime recently.

I then started to wonder whether UU had been high-jacked by some avid, computer-literate and possibly deranged YT subscriber. In these few seconds, it didn't occur to me what the date was.

Only after I started to look at my biography did I begin to work out what was happening to me. I hadn't gone into a parallel universe after all a universe where I am rich and famous).

Spookily though, nearly everything written about me is correct. How did they find out? Who are "they" anyway? I suspect one of them may be Russ. It certainly looked like him, but the white beard and the excellent styling of his shirt threw me. Actually the only fact they got wrong is that I pronounce Aquila correctly. This is obviously an incorrect fact. How can everyone in America be so wrong? I am going to start pronouncing it A-kee-la from on. I will leave it up to the Italians to say A-quee-la. What do they know?

Whoever is responsible, thanks for doing this. It made my day, thought my heart did stop beating for a brief moment. Fortunately, it re-started when I realised it was April Fool's Day.

UkeNukem
04-01-2011, 04:32 AM
Jolly good fun! Such antics, buffoonery, burlesque, clowning, drollery, escapade, farce, frolic, gags, gambol, hoodwinking, horseplay, humor, jests, mischief, monkeyshines, mummery, parody, pranks, puns, put-ons, raillery, repartee, shenanigans, stunts, tomfoolery, tricks, whimsy, wisecracks, & witticisms . . .

MAKE UU A JOY TO BE A PART OF! :cheers:

And Ken shall forever henceforth be known as K-MID

Honu
04-01-2011, 04:34 AM
So... this isn't a Ken Middleton Website? NOOOOOO!!!!!

claudios
04-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Actually the only fact they got wrong is that I pronounce Aquila correctly. This is obviously an incorrect fact. How can everyone in America be wrong? I am going to start pronouncing it A-kee-la from on. I will leave it up to the Italians to say A-quee-la. What do they know?

Haha - I remember the Italians even corrected you at NAM.

How funny was that video of you reviewing the Oreos - That was actually very funny for Americans.

Ken Middleton
04-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Haha - I remember the Italians even corrected you at NAM.

How funny was that video of you reviewing the Oreos - That was actually very funny for Americans.

Only because I put the emphasis on the second syllable rather than the first. But you're right.

claudios
04-01-2011, 04:50 AM
Only because I put the emphasis on the second syllable rather than the first. But you're right.

Yeah I get corrected by my Italian cousins all the time - You'll never get it right! You might as well say Akeeela like Matt and stick to it.

Sake1one
04-01-2011, 04:55 AM
UU Thank you for making my day, that was pretty good!

Mim
04-01-2011, 04:59 AM
That was HILARIOUS!!! Best April Fools EVER! Put me down for the Justein Beiber beats on the little African Drum book! It is a MUST HAVE!

Kanaka916
04-01-2011, 05:01 AM
FYI, just a heads up to the OP, I merged this thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?44721-April-Fool-The-Middlezone-How-funny-was-that!/page2) to this one . . .

Tudorp
04-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Apparently I missed it. Anyway to see it again?

claudios
04-01-2011, 05:56 AM
That was HILARIOUS!!! Best April Fools EVER! Put me down for the Justein Beiber beats on the little African Drum book! It is a MUST HAVE!

Oh yeah me too! That was brilliant.

Cheers,
Claudio

claudios
04-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Apparently I missed it. Anyway to see it again?

Not missed it - Use the basic link below to find it. Its index file points to the new site that these naughty boys made. The link to the real site is at the bottom.

http://ukuleleunderground.com/

haole
04-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Ken Middleton’s ukulele music has yet to lose any competition. He once entered his cover of MmmBop into a chili cookoff and won every category.

You guys owe me a cup of coffee. Most of mine came out my nose.

Lexxy
04-01-2011, 06:40 AM

What haole said. Cept mine was tea, and you guys hafta calm my room mate down :P

Mason671
04-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Too funny! I was laughing out loud the whole time!

fitncrafty
04-01-2011, 06:46 AM
It's perfect! I had so much fun checking out all the links.. too funny!
Thanks UU for a fun and entertaining prank!

Meekomonkey
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Well done to who ever did this!
You actually had me believe that the UU site was broken.
Took me a good 2mins to realise that it was an April Fools joke!!
(or a 'was-April-Fools' for us Aussies!) XD XD

RyanMFT
04-01-2011, 07:12 AM
That was awesome! Thanks for the laughs, K-Mid is the man!

Richie Rich
04-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the great April Fool's UU! And special thank too, to Ken for being such a good sport!

Tantal
04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Ahh that was too funny. The Oreo review took the cake (or in this case the cookie). Loved the photos section. Never knew Ken was ever that buff :P

kendra
04-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Hilarious!

SailingUke
04-01-2011, 07:40 AM
This was truly fun.
For any of us who have had the pleasure to meet Ken, know he is truly a one of the really nice guys who play ukulele.
Thanks for putting the video together, and thank you Ken for be a gentleman and great sport.

Lori
04-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Wow Ken! You should be terribly flattered to have someone go to that much effort (that was a lot of work, and so well executed)... just shows how much we all love you! Hats off to the prankster. Well done. Now, were you really in the Winter Olympics?

–Lori

rayan
04-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks to Ken for being such a good sport.

Gmoney
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
This is just amazing! Love it!

Great concept, great execution, & of course, great tribute to K-Mids!!

papplehead
04-01-2011, 09:48 AM
I was laughing out loud at the video and the fan-fiction contest. Good stuff UU staff

Ken Middleton
04-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you everyone. It was quite a surprise.

ltlquail
04-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Excellent! I always wondered who the real cookie monster was under that suit?..... and know we know.

bbycrts
04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
What haole said. Cept mine was tea, and you guys hafta calm my room mate down :P

Earl Grey?

molokinirum
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
That was great!!!!

Ken Middleton
04-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't know exactly who put all the work in, but I'm assuming Aaron, Aldrine, Ryan and Russ had something to do with it. I am really flattered and honoured. Thank you all so much. Please let me know if I have left out anyone. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Aldrine Guerrero
04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for being a good sport Ken! Hahaha glad you liked it.
Heather photoshopped the pictures on the pics section :D

Ken Middleton
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks for being a good sport Ken! Hahaha glad you liked it.
Heather photoshopped the pictures on the pics section :D

The photos were stunning, Heather. Thank you so much.

OldePhart
04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I was totally fooled. I thought someone hacked the site.

My initial thought was somebody hacked the site, then I thought, nah, Ken wouldn't do that and noone else would have reason to put Ken in there. Then, I remembered the date and the light came on.

This is probably the best April fools gag I've seen since Byte magazine (is it even still published?) did the article on the "Dark Emitting Diode (DED)" in their April issue back in the 80's. It was so well written it actually had me going for a bit - until they got to the part where it "sucked up all the light in a room." Heh, heh.

John

amute
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
In one hand I was like YES Ken's the Bluegrass Uke MAN! Then I was like wait......where is UU? LOL Very funny, y'all got me. Video was rad too. :)

p.s. Ken thank you for all your cool Bluegrass Tab bro!

OldePhart
04-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Not to mention a keyboard and the roll of paper towels I used cleaning my monitors...

John

rayan
04-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Does anyone else now read all of Ken's posts in Russbuss's K-Mid voice? Cause I sure do.

fitncrafty
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Just showed the Middlezone to my 15 yr old son he said, that Ken was the Chuck Norris of the Ukulele world! Go Ken!
We watched the video again.. too funny!

Ronnie Aloha
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I think Matt D. is breathing a sigh of relief that the joke was on Ken and not him!

thejumpingflea
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I think Matt D. is breathing a sigh of relief that the joke was on Ken and not him!

*phew*
:D

Huna
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
is it Ken's Birthday?

allUkedup
04-01-2011, 05:21 PM
haha!!! oh wow, completely forgot about the date. I could not figure it out whatsoever. I had to look closely to make sure I spelled it correctly and everything. great gag.

pdxuke
04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the laugh, and to Ken for being such a great sport.

geetee
04-01-2011, 06:50 PM
You got me.
Thanks for the tribute to someone who truly cares. Happy April
Fools
Day!

Chris Tarman
04-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Great stuff. Who knew Ken hung with The Beatles?

mm stan
04-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I think Ken is awesome, I was groggy...I wanna pull them guys "G" Strings...for pulling a stunt like that..lol...

claudios
04-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Haha

Have a look at how many people Aldrine is pissing off here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEWvnQvrQ1U&feature=feedu

You guys are nutcases!

Meekomonkey
04-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Haha

Have a look at how many people Aldrine is pissing off here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEWvnQvrQ1U&feature=feedu

You guys are nutcases!

Oh, this made me laugh SOOO hard!! XD
The comments especially made me crack up!

But what is Aldrine saying?? Can't make it out.
Thanks for sharing!

rayan
04-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh, this made me laugh SOOO hard!! XD
The comments especially made me crack up!

But what is Aldrine saying?? Can't make it out.
Thanks for sharing!

For those uninitiated with the meme that hit UU in 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhvg2c9kTic

Meekomonkey
04-02-2011, 12:04 AM
For those uninitiated with the meme that hit UU in 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhvg2c9kTic

Ahahahaa!!! XD Adorable!
Now I know the lyrics to play it myself!
Thank you! XD

UKISOCIETY
04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
I missed it all _ Ken Middleton, Aldrine, all of it! :(

Will it be archived anywhere?

Ken Middleton
04-02-2011, 07:20 AM

Don't know, Alan.

I was stunned and really flattered by it. I have re-read the info and it was done so, so well. Heather, Aldrine's girlfriend, did the photos and they were amazing. Russ's impersonation of me was spooky.

thejumpingflea
04-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Don't know, Alan.

I was stunned and really flattered by it. I have re-read the info and it was done so, so well. Heather, Aldrine's girlfriend, did the photos and they were amazing. Russ's impersonation of me was spooky.

Represent.

K-mid 4 life.

anaka
04-02-2011, 07:40 AM

We were all a little sad seeing the site have to change back into a pumpkin at midnight. Didn't have the heart to take it down completely, so for those who missed it - http://ukuleleunderground.com/welcome-to-the-middlezone/

-Anaka

"Remember - a KenMiddletonUkulele fansite is forever"

OldePhart
04-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Wait...you mean...it was all just a...a...sob...joke! Ohhh, nooo, the inhumanity! Now where will I get my K-Mid fix? :)

John

UKISOCIETY
04-02-2011, 08:59 AM
We were all a little sad seeing the site have to change back into a pumpkin at midnight. Didn't have the heart to take it down completely, so for those who missed it - http://ukuleleunderground.com/welcome-to-the-middlezone/

-Anaka

"Remember - a KenMiddletonUkulele fansite is forever"

LOL-L-L-L-L-l! (echo)

Thanks, that was brill! How about Aldrine's video? It's now labeled "privte".