New Uke day...and a dilemma

TCK

Reaction score
It's my wife folks. She is certainly a wonderful lady, and has a great set of skills that would add to any household. She is an expert gardener, a beekeeper, a wine chemist (the fringe benefits are awesome), and has even built her own car- she has let me jump headlong into UAS without ever asking "when is enough?"...she really has only one hang-up.
She likes to sit and quietly plunk away on her ukulele. Folk songs mostly.
She has declared our house a "no distortion zone".
She needs a new place to live- I will send her with a bunch of Ukuleles
:D
attachment.php

I love this- probably more than I love my right arm. And I love playing RAMONES covers on it

No, keep the wife. Get some headphones,

and encourage a once a week outing with the girls. :)

How can you give up a wife that can build her own car? Can't be too many of those around. Aren't you supposed to have your rock band in the garage anyway? I thought that was traditional. You could turn it into a "man cave" and you'd still have a roof over your head at least!

It's my wife folks. She is certainly a wonderful lady, and has a great set of skills that would add to any household. She is an expert gardener, a beekeeper, a wine chemist (the fringe benefits are awesome), and has even built her own car- she has let me jump headlong into UAS without ever asking "when is enough?"...she really has only one hang-up.
She likes to sit and quietly plunk away on her ukulele. Folk songs mostly.
She has declared our house a "no distortion zone".
She needs a new place to live- I will send her with a bunch of Ukuleles
:D
attachment.php

I love this- probably more than I love my right arm. And I love playing RAMONES covers on it

well, take it to bed with you tomorrow night and tell it how crappy you fell and lay next to it. Wife is way better:) I know your kidding and all but wife is still better than a uke.

I'd never give her up- just joshing, but this thing sure is fun. Not as fun as sitting around every night playing the acoustics with her, but fun in a more primal way for sure. She did make a few tentative steps into the man cave to play it. I had the slightest bit of reverb on it and she said "clean it up...make it sound right". Hilarious.

I'd never give her up- just joshing, but this thing sure is fun. Not as fun as sitting around every night playing the acoustics with her, but fun in a more primal way for sure. She did make a few tentative steps into the man cave to play it. I had the slightest bit of reverb on it and she said "clean it up...make it sound right". Hilarious.

I bet it's the steel strings more than anything. It's not like I hate steel string ukes, I just have to think of them as "not ukes" because the vibe is way more like a small electric guitar (or electric guitar played way up the neck). So, while I can see where one would be great for rock and blues solos it just wouldn't be a "uke" to my ears.

John

I sure am glad you're loving that new-to-you Risa! It is one cool baby!

And yes, get some headphone and a distortion pedal! If you happen to need a pedal, let me know!

That is one gorgeous uke! REALLY.. Let me just say my world changed the day my eleuke arrived and then when I bought my little vox amp it changed more!! I have the opposite issue my husband was beyond ecstatic when I play social D's Ball and chain.. he said Holy $#%^ you have to record that.. Before that day, he just rolled his eyes at me and my uke playing... I am a huge ramones fan so I get it..
Keep your wife.. Send her on a few girls weekends to the spa.. and when she's home put on the headphones.. sounds like you have a great wife...
Have fun and congrats on that new beauty!!

Actually, I'm with her. I hate distortion, be it on strings, brass, vocals, ... you get my drift. So I say yeah, use headphones, except when she's not home. Then tape down anything breakable, and turn it up to 11.

Because 11 is, like, louder.

-Kurt

That is one gorgeous uke! REALLY.. Let me just say my world changed the day my eleuke arrived and then when I bought my little vox amp it changed more!! I have the opposite issue my husband was beyond ecstatic when I play social D's Ball and chain.. he said Holy $#%^ you have to record that.. Before that day, he just rolled his eyes at me and my uke playing... I am a huge ramones fan so I get it..
Keep your wife.. Send her on a few girls weekends to the spa.. and when she's home put on the headphones.. sounds like you have a great wife...
Have fun and congrats on that new beauty!!
We are going to do a punk rock ukulele collaboration video at some point, just learned ball and chain myself. Working on some Clash tunes now. Didn't anticipate being so stoked on this little bugger, but it is really fun.

We are going to do a punk rock ukulele collaboration video at some point, just learned ball and chain myself. Working on some Clash tunes now. Didn't anticipate being so stoked on this little bugger, but it is really fun.

Ohh.. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a collaboration.. I can't help it. I just can't let go of my social d and ramones no matter how old I get. My kids think I am weird, but I am sure they would think I was weird no matter what. So glad that you are enjoying your new uke.. My sons guitar teacher was loving the eleuke and is hoping to get one very soon... :)
Love ball and chain and it really isn't that hard to play.. gotta have a little distortion on that one (sorry Kurt)...

Aloha Dave,
Congratulations man....on the new Risa uke..Rock On...Crank that volume and Jamm Man!! woo woo...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

We know your joking. Give it some time or just let her play her folk music.and you play lead for her.

Top Bottom