So... Where should UU tour next?

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
California was amazing! Our favorite part of the whole tour was meeting members of the underground. We'd like to get out and meet as much of you as possible so the question is. Where should UU tour next?

Chicago!!!

EAST COAST! Anywhere on the East Coast and I'll fly up and meet up wichyoo guyz!

Actually Seeso is right too... cause I could definitely get back to Chicago too (Maybe coincide it with next years Windy City Uke Fest?)

Last edited:
I think for the Irish Ukulele Players meeting Dan Scanlan (Cool Hand Uke) is coming to jam with us and stuff like that. Maybe you guys could come sometime too? :p

You'd be welcome anywhere, remember. It's not where you should go Rayan, it's where do you want to go. Am I right?

222248950_d588aded58.jpg

Oak Street Beach!

990261119_2e475c94ed.jpg

Millenium Park!

169879886_3af73d214b.jpg

Wrigley Field!

170024684_e22d050f48.jpg

Navy Pier!

Chicago!

OK - I second that... Chicago! LOL

I would say Miami since that's where I'm at right now... but Miami just doesn't have that big of a uke community here. :( It'd be easier for me to fly to Chicago or New York than to find any good venues here in Florida (Too much salsa here - not enough Poi!) :rolleyes:

Besides - if you're a baseball fan... you MUST visit Wrigley Field at least once in your life time! GO CUBBIES! (Forget the White Sox - they blow!) LOL

Denver, please!!!!

We even have a Ukulele Fest in Feb.

i think you should make it out to the Live Music Capital of the World....Austin TX...and while you are at it, hit up Houston! But if cards are played right, you can book a huge show round these parts...

EDIT: Jake sold easily 150 tickets at $30 a pop. Makaha sons did about the same. I'm sure you guys could do the same here. Houston has a big Hawaiian following here...

Last edited:
VEGAS for sure! I'll make the 5 hour drive from San Diego. That trip is long overdue for me, and if the UU boys go, even better reason to cruise out! haha

plus get CHOKE hawaiians ova thea!

According to fleamarket.com, there are more uke players registered in New York than Hawaii. New York is second only to California. We have the most.....I think you should come back here......

Australia!! Jake's concerts sold out of tickets really early here, so even though there aren't a lot of aussie uke players on the forums, there's a lot of interest over here!

Or there's a Ukulele festival in New Zealand in November. If you were going to be there, I'm sure a few of us aussies would go over for that too.

VEGAS for sure! I'll make the 5 hour drive from San Diego. That trip is long overdue for me, and if the UU boys go, even better reason to cruise out! haha

plus get CHOKE hawaiians ova thea!

i agree with JJ here...
plus ill be 21 in march so when you guys get back ill be able to disco disco!!
hahaha

The UU Map is probably a good tool to refer to here, though I'm surprised not to see more people on the UU Map in the Chicago area. I'm sure we just need to remind people to get listed (i'll post a bump on the map thread just after this). In any case, Seeso has certainly got the bead some great spots there so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a bunch of places to jam, and I've little doubt that would put you in driving range of lots of folks out there.

That said, I'd jump on the Chicago bandwagon with my vote! :nana:

Last edited:
I am going to go with East Coast. Speciffically D.C. there are a few members that live in the area, there is a uke club and glyph is over in annappolis. I am sure we could get a good turnout it the UU crew showed up. Plus you guys could see all the sites downtown.

I am going to go with East Coast. Speciffically D.C. there are a few members that live in the area, there is a uke club and glyph is over in annappolis. I am sure we could get a good turnout it the UU crew showed up. Plus you guys could see all the sites downtown.

This is true, but Chicago is so much fun.

i think you should make it out to the Live Music Capital of the World....Austin TX...and while you are at it, hit up Houston! But if cards are played right, you can book a huge show round these parts...

EDIT: Jake sold easily 150 tickets at $30 a pop. Makaha sons did about the same. I'm sure you guys could do the same here. Houston has a big Hawaiian following here...

I completely agree! Austin would be perfect. It's centrally located in Texas and I know I would drive from my home in San Antonio to Austin if y'all came.

Top Bottom