Gave my 4yr old cousin his first uke yesterday!

dans003

Reaction score
As a birthday present (his birthday was actually in october, but as we were waiting for a Dolphin that never arrived, we're a bit late) I gave my cousin his first uke yesterday - a blue Mahalo Soprano.

He loves it, and is already strumming and picking with a plectrum - he doesnt have long nails and says that it hurts playing with his fingers, so i gave him one that i dont use on my mandolin (i use nails for uke).

Ive tuned it in an open chord, just to make it more bareable for his mum over the first few weeks!

Just thought i'd let you know!

Aloha Dansoo3,
Never too early to give a child a uke...my friend had is son have one when he was 18 months....wow wee...thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Well... you'll never know what a kid could do at that age :)

Happy Birthday :D

I trust you upgraded the strings. It makes a 100% difference on these ukes.

I hope that it begins his journey into music (or just the uke for that matter)...

Congrats I hope you grow a new little uke partner!
i think inside it was more about that than giving him a present!
Aloha Dansoo3,
Never too early to give a child a uke...my friend had is son have one when he was 18 months....wow wee...thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings..MM Stan
Yeah, he's been interested in my ukes for a while... i just thought it was the right time to give him his own
Well... you'll never know what a kid could do at that age :)

Happy Birthday :D

Yeah, that would be quite cool!
Um... thanks! :)
I trust you upgraded the strings. It makes a 100% difference on these ukes.
I havent yet, so that he can tug away as much as he likes while hes learning, and wont ruin good strings. i think in a few months time i will:
get some aquilas on it
tune it back to GCEA, once hes got used to strumming.
I hope that it begins his journey into music (or just the uke for that matter)...
having him 'follow in my footsteps' and playing various instruments would be nice - his mum played the trombone as a child. whatever instrument he plays, ill be happy (but best if he plays the uke!)
dans

Top Bottom