Opinions on a couple of concert uke brands - REVISITED

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Pro and cons:

KA-ASAC-C Acacia Concert Solid Acacia vs. Lehua Traditional Model Concert Ukulele.

Thanks.

Are you wanting to purchase one? If so are these two your budget? Why just these.two ukes? Why do you like?

Aloha Guitarsrotts,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...Have fun and enjoy...I always believe that ukuleles should be hand picked for on the shelf models...becauce of consistancy issues...in the building process due to all the
variables...All ukes have their own voices, just like guitars...even within the same brand and model...best thing is to try them out if you can and choose the best sounding one with the best comfort and playability....Good Luck...Happy
findings...MM Stan..

Last edited:
In a previous thread, I had mentioned I was looking for an acacia concert uke. Through the various posts I eliminated the Cordoba and the guy from Taiwan. I had been leaning towards the Kala but came across some posts about the Lehua.
I live in western PA and the only ukes available to test play are Lanikai and one shop is a dealer for Collings. I have a couple of Lanikais and to be honest I'm not real fond of the lack of tone and volume out of my LSM-C mahogany concert.

Yep. In the Squirrel Hill section of town. They're the Collings dealer to which I was referring. Great place. Great guitars but only
Collings and Lanikai ukes. Took a Blues Uke Workshop from Del Rey there last year. Really opened my eyes to the fingerstyle blues possibilities of the ukulele. Check out this video of Del: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxk3N7GOgX4

In a previous thread, I had mentioned I was looking for an acacia concert uke. Through the various posts I eliminated the Cordoba and the guy from Taiwan. I had been leaning towards the Kala but came across some posts about the Lehua.
I live in western PA and the only ukes available to test play are Lanikai and one shop is a dealer for Collings. I have a couple of Lanikais and to be honest I'm not real fond of the lack of tone and volume out of my LSM-C mahogany concert.

ok. i didn't realize this was the same thread. Never played a lehua. Is there a paticular reason you want acacia?

Just for a koa-like sound. I have a Kamaka koa soprano I love the sound of, but a koa concert is currently beyond my budget.

If you ruled out Cordoba, you should rule out Lehua because they are made in the same factory

There seems to be conflicting posts/opinions as to the country of origin of the two. Some information says the Cordobas are now being produced in Asia while the Lehua is still being produced in Portugal. I ruled out the Cordoba for a couple of reasons.
I've been looking at the 25CK but have read about ongoing QC issues. Bridges detaching as well as poor intonation. Also. I have played a couple at the local Guitar Center. One just sounded dead with bad intonation, the other while sounding OK, had a large crack running up the back seam. GC had discounted it heavily, but I generally don't buy new but damaged instruments.

Top Bottom