New Uke

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
I just completed this tenor. I always hate letting fiddleback koa like this go. They just don't grow it like that anymore. The inlay is scrimshawed fossil mastodon ivory.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 189
That back is AMAZING!

Speechless.

I apologize, Mr. Moore, that I cannot come up with a better compliment than...

WANT!

Wow, Chuck....as always, your work is an amazing combination of art/luthiery!

wow. the fiddleback is hands down the best curl, looks freakin awesome!

Incredible... absolutely beautiful uke. I aspire to one day own one of your playable pieces of art. :)

Aloha Chuck,
Absoutlely Beautiful....no one asked yet...can I ask how much?????and is it for sale????

I hear you about the wood Chuck, but at least it grows where you live. I'm hoping that I can find some at the GAL convention this summer.

Brad

WOW! That is amazing, bet it sounds even Moore Bettah then it looks !!!

Geez Chuck, what array of colors do you have for your inlays?

Recon stone (reconstituted stone or composite stone) is pretty cool stuff. I have no idea what it's made of--epoxy and floor sweepings? I don't know. That particular piece is turquoise recon. I had cut some strips to use as purfling but changed my mind at the last moment. I was going to carry the vine through the fret board too but the color was too overwhelming. A little bit of turquoise goes a long way and part of the key to a good design is knowing when to hold back. In this case I let the gorgeous koa carry the load visually. The top and side turquoise fret markers were enough. Turns out I didn't even have to make them. LMI sells them!

I hear you about the wood Chuck, but at least it grows where you live. I'm hoping that I can find some at the GAL convention this summer.

Brad

They say it's here Brad, although I rarely see anything great anymore. I've boughten cars for what this set cost me. You'll probably have better luck getting koa from Creps up in Slopez than I have here. That set was part of my "Retirement Koa Stash".

It's on my web site mm stan (or is it just mm? hmmm). It's already sold though.
Aloha Chuck,
Awwwww man.....and that blue makes it pop...wow wee.....Guess I better check out your website...got any extra's you holding out on..hee hee...oh yeah, for you Chuck, it's Stan....
MM was initially for Mahalo Much or Many Mahalo's...used in closing my postings... MM Stan.

Last edited:
Chuck, left field question: roughly how long is your waiting list at the moment?

The Master Strikes Again!!. Out of this world beautiful Chuck. And the nude is actually beautiful. I have seen a lot of female form inlays that are butt ugly. This one is really nice. Bravo!!
Would you be willing to share how you went about the scrimshaw? I'm trying to figure out what gravers I should get to do simple things like making a white pearl flower look a little more real.

That is one seriously beautiful uke. What cracks me up is that you give the credit to the wood. Yes, it's a sweet piece of koa, but what you've done with it blows me away. (as usual) Thanks for posting the pics.

Top Bottom