Northern California Ukulele Festival

GKK

Reaction score
Went to my first Ukulele Festival in Hayward California today and it was Awesome!

All the performers were Great and my 28 year old daughter and I had a Great time. There were a lot of good ukulele vendors selling brands such as Kala, Pono, Bushman, Ohana, Fluke, Kamaka, Fender and Nalu.

The food was also, good and everyone was very nice! I can't wait till next year!

I had planned on going this year but couldn't make it. Sounds great though! Were there other vendors besides ukuleles?

Yes, there were other vendors selling very nice Hawaiian crafts such as Gourd carved containers (I bought a small one) Hawaiian t shirts, very nice thick ribbon lei's, shell necklaces, insulated zippered Hawaiian style bags and some wood napkin holders and trivets. All were nice quality and unique.

The venue is a lot better than the previous years. The Performing Arts Center at Chabot College is an excellent facility to host this event. The vendor area can accommodate a large number. I wish there were more uke vendors as well as builders as the usual participants weren't in attendance. I think the notification time was minimal and vendors/builders didn't have time to respond. I was informed by one of the vendors that the Festival will be held at Chabot on April 1st 2012. Hopefully it'll draw the public attention from previous years. Looking forward to next year and hopefully catch some of the performances.

I think there were only 5 or 6 ukulele vendors and I wish I had brought a cam . . .
1) Stopped by Nalu and talked to Rick
2) Aloha Warehouse had some Pono and Ko'olau - played a Ko'olau tenor, all koa - plenty of volume and a very crisp, warm tone
2) Tony Graziano brought some beautiful instruments - the Rosewood/Redwood tenor had a very nice mellow tone and the Rosewood/Spruce top tenor, very loud and very warm
4) Of course had to stop by Kamaka - The ukes on display were for sale, that HF38 - OMG
5) Music Works - Kala, Ohana, Fluke, Mele and a whole bunch of books and accessories

Top Bottom