Stolen Ukulele....

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Sorry for the alert. But, I have had a Ukulele stolen, and don't know what to do.. I know this was a problem not too long ago with another one of our members, but now it has made it to my home.

My wife had always supported my Uke, and guitar habit, but now has taken it to another level. A couple years ago, she tried picking up one of my old banjos, and didn't have allot of luck with it. All she been doing for the past year or so is listen to my daughter and I play guitar and uke. NOW, she suddenly went into my private stash, and picked herself out a uke, and a case, and waltzed into the living room the other day with them. Sat down, and started going through my music sheets and chord papers I use to teach kids to play. Yesterday, she looked right at me in the eyes, and said "This is MY ukulele now.."

Should I report this to the authorities, or handle it vigalente style?

Hmmm.... Well, we'll have to know how to file the papers. Was it a misdemeanor, or a felony? IE: Which uke was it? :)

You got to be more careful with the stash.

Pretty much, possession is 98% of the law. Wait until she is asleep and then snatch it back.

Don a Batman mask and show her that crime doesn't pay.

What did she snatch anyway?

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
Sounds like the perp. has no history.....hmm..my diagnosis it could be a medical thing called ukulele contagious and she has been bitten by the deadly Ukulele bug..no sense in an intervention since several
members of the family has it...prognosis...no chance in saving her now.....buy her a new uke of her own...and hope the new bling gets her..and you get back you baby.......How cool man...Way to Gooo!! Ukeing in
da house....woo wooo..have fun and enjoy...thanks for the great story....Happy Strummings...MM Stan

You really had me going there for a minute, I was thinking "oh no! how did it happen? where was it?". Sucker.

My wife did the same thing when I got my Mainland Concert. Turns out I don't like concerts so it worked out OK .

lol.. Sorry to alarm ya'll.. But I'll get paid somehow for it, hahhahha.. I may just have to do the right thing as a Christian man. Turn the other cheek. It's like stealing a bible, if she is gonna steal it, she needs it more than I do, hahhah..

Anyway, it's just a misemenor for now. It was only a spare LU-21 I called "Cinderella" (My step Child), I didn't play it much and odds are, it would have been given to someone anyway, so might as well be her I reckon. I'll have to let the bug soak in for a couple weeks there Stan bruddah, to let it get into her blood stream, and internal organs, and then buy her something a bit nicer to get it back.. ;)

Anyway, another convert is never a bad thing..

Last edited:
Hey.. not nice!! my heart sunk, because not to long ago your daughter's guitar was stolen.. and I though no way..

But now that you said it was your wife and it was an extra.. I say let her join in the fun.. and handle it vigilante style!
Have fun with your new found jamming partner!! :)

You can't steal something given freely, can you?

I say, tell her that she has to play duets with you - that's a punishment to fit the crime.

(I wish I could get my wife to play one of my ukuleles....)

-Kurt

This must be why there are locks on uke cases.

Not sure that would work either. Not well known, but I am also an amature locksmith, and she knows where all my locksmith tools, and picks are.. lol

Update,

She found a song in my song stash that I never really played allot. "Hallaleiuah". I am sitting here watching a movie, and I started reconizing the tune. Progress, and a song I rarely play so it is refreshing really. Maybe I need to add that one to my play list so I can play it with her. I think me picking, and her strumming might be pretty cool. I guess I'll let her keep it for now...

Update,

She found a song in my song stash that I never really played allot. "Hallaleiuah". I am sitting here watching a movie, and I started reconizing the tune. Progress, and a song I rarely play so it is refreshing really. Maybe I need to add that one to my play list so I can play it with her. I think me picking, and her strumming might be pretty cool. I guess I'll let her keep it for now...
Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
Maybe you can make a great video like Fitncrafty and her Daughter Ariana...http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?44826-Mom-and-Daughter-duo-Skip-to-My-Lou
Happy Strummings....Thats soo cool man...MM Stan

Top Bottom