PDA

View Full Version : Eleuke Concert Jazz style Cutaway

Eeonny
04-04-2011, 04:57 AM
So I purchased this beauty (http://www.amazon.com/Eleuke-Sunburst-Concert-Cutaway-Electric/dp/B004J61BO0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1301928181&sr=8-17) a few weeks ago and it is great.
It sounds great plugged into my larger tube amp and very guitar like while keeping the high pitched uke quality.
It feels really great to hold too. The solid body gives it a good weight while the size keeps it from becoming too cumbersome. The headphones feature is nice. I use it when I play in the living room so I don't have to move my amp or at night when everyone else is asleep, however, the mp3 feature seems a bit pointless. I used it once to play along with Mumford and Sons and really it's not much of an improvement from playing it over speakers and playing along, but at least they include the cord for the mp3 feature.
The gig bag it ships with is nothing too special aside from being slimmer for a more secure fit. It is too bad they don't have a hard case option as some people might be weary of traveling with the soft case, and it would be hard to find a hard one in the correct size.
It keeps a tune pretty well. I have to retune every week or so mostly from just being played so much and bending notes (it sounds great playing blues stuff like the Black Keys and Stevie Ray Vaughn).
The sunburst looks nice in person although it is not as shiny as you would think from the picture on Amazon and their website. It has more of a matte finish in person. Although you can see the wood grain very well through the sunburst which was a nice surprise.
I have no experience with electric ukes aside from my Eleuke but they seem very well built and solid instruments and much better then an electric uke you would get from another non-specialized company like Stagg.
All in all if you're looking for a feature rich while at the same time wuite simple electric uke, go with an Eleuke, I'm glad I did.

mm stan
04-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Aloha Eeonny,
Got mine coming in a few days...just can't wait...got the rosewood ele uke...Happy Strummings..MM Stan