Stromberg Voisinet

John Hines

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a new guy here so I don't navigate too well. Someone was looking for a Stromberg Voisinet the other day and I can't remember who it was. I have one with pictures I'm willing to sell if he or anyone is interested. Just let me know. Thanks.....

Hello,

I was looking some months back for a resonator, but I've since sold that uke. I've got a couple of Strombergs now, so not looking for one, but I'm always interested to see another one; if not for me, than someone I know may be interested.

Can you post a couple of pictures? Very excited to see which one you have!

I am the someone John knows :)- let's see those pictures and a price tag...Old Banjo Ukes float my boat for certain

And I am someone who has been pumping John for Banjo Uke info. And I am guessing that he could use some rest, so please post some photos and a price.

Stromberg Voisinet Photos

Behold, the dinosaur has landed. I have attempted to load some photos of the uke so with any luck they'll be there. If not I will seek out an expert fellow employee in their twenties to assist me.

Second attempt at Stromberg Voisinet Photos

Well the dinosaur may have figoured it out. Here's a few but at the limit. I'll send more in another thread.

Attachments

• Back veiw.jpg
    Back veiw.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Banjuke back of headstock.jpg
    Banjuke back of headstock.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Banjuke butt (.jpg
    Banjuke butt (.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 33
  • End Veiw.jpg
    End Veiw.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Front headstock.jpg
    Front headstock.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 27
Looks like it is in really good condition. I'll be interested in the 'after' pics, too.
Congratulations and enjoy!

More Stromberg Voisinet photos

Well here's a few more. As to price, I have no idea what it's worth. A little help from the bretheren would be appreciated. Unfortunately I take terrible pictures and the instrument has not been loved properly.

Attachments

• Front veiw.jpg
    Front veiw.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Tailpiece veiw.jpg
    Tailpiece veiw.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Side Veiw.jpg
    Side Veiw.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Full front side.jpg
    Full front side.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 23
Aloha John,
Congratulations on the purchase, it looks awesome...Have fun and enjoy....didn't realize it was a banjo..How cool...Happy Strummings..MM Stan..

True I did just inherit it from my mother-in-law as we were moving her "here John, you can have this" but I am a guitarist/vocalist so have no real interst in this instrument. I would much rather see it in the hands of someone that's passionate about it. It wasn't loved as an instrument while in her possession that's for sure so someone needs to clean it up and enjoy it. It's not about the money as from what I gather they aren't expensive but still, an insturment unused is an instrument unloved!

Aloha John,
Ahh...You're selling it???? thought you just bought it...or aquired it?? hmmm more info please...

Hey Stawman, thanks for the tip. I'm headed there now. (Newbies appreciate good advice.)

I merge all your Stromberg Voisinet posts to the original posting.

Last edited:
John -

Thanks for posting. This is quite a windfall for you!

It's in very good shape. This is the basic 8" pot resonator model, but you can see that whomever bought it or made it decided on some neat extras. The fretboard binding is one, and the slightly more ornate headstock mop is another, as is the maple insert in the purfling on the back of the resonator. Also - it's walnut, not the usual maple laminate and neck. Also - a five-piece neck is uncommon on the basic model, so that's a much higher quality and fancier example than you usually see.

A couple of issues -

It needs a real cleaning. That's either a little checking in the finish (very common and not that big a deal) on the pot and resonator, or its dust and dirt - very easily removable with a slightly damp cloth. The metal fittings look a little tarnished, but that easily dealt with with some 0001 steel wool and a little mineral oil. There's a cutout at the base of the resonator - a common modification owners made when putting on a bigger tailpiece. That's all simply cosmetic.

Stromberg Voisinet built resonators from a couple of pieces of wood, and the seam between two pieces is visible, probably from shrinkage over the years. If that's a stable joint, its a non-issue.

The tuner screws are the only thing that need to be dealt with, which should be replaced - a pretty cheap and easy fix.

I think you've got a great instrument. It's all there and its a very unique looking. I wish I had the $ and the room for a third SV, but I just can't do it! :) Maybe Dave or Bill is thinking about it!

John,

Yes I am seriously interested in your banjo Uke but I really need to know what your price is.

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Bill

Top Bottom