WHOOT WHOOT>.. It'sa comin...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, just got off the phone with Aaron, and my Epiphone Les Paul Uke is on the way. He's got them in stock today... Now, at least the stress of not knowing is over, now the stress of anticipation begins... ;)

Great News!

Is Aaron someone at a local shop, or through an on-line place?

As of Saturday, my local shop had no news, and since I had today off, I didn't see the owner (he comes in for coffee every day). But then, he hasn't called me yet, either...

Tom Petty was right - the waiting IS the hardest pPart.

-Kurt

He's "Pedalfreak" here on UU. He has a big guitar shop in Illinois. He has another one, but not sure if it has already been promised out yet.. Give him a call...

He had heard that they were getting ready to ship from the factory today, and then noticed a box in his shop with two of them in it.. lol..

I've got a $50 deposit on mine already.... I think I'll just wait for the moment.

When I think that I had a wall-art Stella at the beginning of November, and now I've got 6 ukes in the house with 2 on order...

(Side note - I realized recenty that I've got an Aria Bari uke I picked up at Rochester House of Guitars 30+ years ago... I think the neck is twisted (non-reinforced), and there are a bunch of dings on the body... Is this something that you can use? I'll be glad to send it to you if you'd like it for your rebuilding ukes for kids project, as soon as I figure out how to pack it up...)

-Kurt

Then you should be getting word this week that yours is on the way too...

As far as the old uke. I will always take old ukes, and project ukes to rebuild for kids... Let me know and I will start looking for parts for what it needs.. Will be needing a new project soon anyway..

Pics please when it arrives :)

Just got a call from FedEx this morning. "Lil' Lester" the Epiphone Les Paul Uke is on the truck, and on it's way to my porch as we speak. I should have it in my grummy lil hands in a few hours... whoot whoot..

oooo..Happy New Uke Day!!! Know you've been looking forward to this one :D

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
Wooooo woooooo....congratulations on the new ukulele...we'll be waiting to hear about it........Happy Uke Day and Happy Strummings...MM Stan...

I've got one left! One of the guys here hasn't gotten back to me about it.

So if anyone wants it, let me know :)

Hope you like yours Tony! I played it for about 10 minutes before packing it up, I thought it was really nice!

WHAT? Ya sold me a USED Uke? hehheh.. Did it come to ya with Aquilas? I can smell it it's so close now.. Every sound I hear outside is a FedEx truck pulling up, LOL..

Just wanted to show these pictures if ya'll hadn't seen them yet. The reason? Because apparently there is going to be a color choice when these go mainstream. Mine is like the prototype being the classic Gibson/Epiphone "Cherryburst" (what us Les Paul folk call "Clownburst"). Not my favorite color, but for the sake of nostalgia, I'll do a classic clownburst uke. But, take a look at this picture, from reports, this is one of the LP ukes being set up by a tech in the Gibson factory in the USA. Look close, it's NOT cherryburst, it is what is called the "Iced Tea" burst, which is a really nice color. I love that on the uke. Kinda wish mine was, but again, I'll take mine because once the Iced Tea gets out, everyone is gonna want it, making the clownburst more scarce, so, I'll keep it..
033111c.jpg

033111b.jpg

BTW: Still waiting. FedEx usually ends up on this side of town between 2pm-4pm. So, any minute now..

They've got D'Addario strings on them :)

The one above is in Vintage Sunburst, looks like those are going to be released in June.

Well, thats cool, I never played D'Addario's so at least I get to try those out too for a change..

Isn't the sunburst brighter than that? Your in the biz, so I'll go with that, just thought the sunburst was brighter... Maybe it's Ice Tea is the brighter.. <shrug>. Still looks nice on the uke none the less..

Can't wait for audio samples and the review:)
Don

Man, I want a sunburst one so badly :(

My local shop, Drome Sound in Schenectady, called and left a message. Epi says there are no ukes in the warehouse, and they will be shipping in 45-60 days.

I've got a $50 deposit on one - should I wait, or ask pedalfreak, and bring the uke into the local shop saying "they're BSing you, Tony.(the owner)"??

Thoughts?

-Kurt

My local shop, Drome Sound in Schenectady, called and left a message. Epi says there are no ukes in the warehouse, and they will be shipping in 45-60 days.

I've got a $50 deposit on one - should I wait, or ask pedalfreak, and bring the uke into the local shop saying "they're BSing you, Tony.(the owner)"??

Thoughts?

-Kurt

Since it is so delayed as they said, I would opt to get your deposit back. They should allow you to do that since they are the ones that gave you the news they are delayed more than a month, so they should let you opt out with no problems (assuming they are ethical). In that case, get the other from Pedalfreak, he has it in his hands as we speak. I really do think they are gonna be spread out, and sold out pretty quickly, meaning you will wait till the next release, or further.. So, I would go for the one you KNOW is up for grabs..

BTW: to me, it sounds like they took your deposit, and never put their order in for any, which means they snoozed and lost, and now have to wait for the next batch. They should have put at least your order in when they took your money so they would have been sent one. Either that, or they got a couple in assuming they did order, someone walked in and wanted one, and paid more for it than they offered it to you for, so they may have sold yours? Not saying that happened, but that stuff does happen..

Top Bottom