Odd request...any Muslim ukers?

EricStetson

Reaction score
If I've got your attention, I have a plan to make an epic cover of Matisyahu's "One Day" in response to a lot of local hubbub around here (Sacramento) regarding the Israel/Palestine conflict. I'm looking for a Muslim ukulele player - preferably who can sing (or beatbox!) to do this video with - I'm a Jewish person and I thought it would make a pretty powerful image to have us playing together, a song for peace. If anyone fits that description around Sacramento, hit me up.

For those not familiar with the song or Matisyahu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9uTiEY9ag

man, wish I was in Sac still.. A Jew, Muslim and a Christian joint jam session would be really cool..

Just listened to that song.. that is a cool song.. love it..

I heard the acoustic version on World Cafe a while back - he's got a video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKVS6rH_y0

I really like this version, and think it will translate to Uke a little better.

Mazel Tov - and best of luck!

-Kurt

Last edited:
Eric, you should contact the uke for peace guys.
More power when you get a Jewish and Palestinian from Isreal and Palestine together IMO.

Last edited:
I love Matisyahu.. I sure hope that you find a someone to do a colab with.. maybe if you can't find someone you can do a colab together not as powerful a message, but still awesome!

This is a wonderful idea -- all good wishes for your success!

Brilliant! Keep us posted.

Music is the Great Unifier, isn't it?

JJ

A lovely idea. good luck

I remember seeing a Uke video of a uker who did that with the kids there...just can't remember his name?? does anybody know or remember???

I remember seeing a Uke video of a uker who did that with the kids there...just can't remember his name?? does anybody know or remember???

Yes that was the Ukuleles for Peace guy, and I think Ukellolo or whatever his youtube name is, the guy who does the cool video cloning effects, like with his uke Bolero. I thought I had a Facebook link for him but I can't find it.

man, wish I was in Sac still.. A Jew, Muslim and a Christian joint jam session would be really cool..

Yes it would. Music is the universal language. The world leaders ought to make music and not war. I'm sick and tired of all the bigotry and hatred out there...!!!

And if you walked into a bar it would be the start of a joke :p

In all seriousness though, that would be pretty cool.

Top Bottom