Want to find song...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a version of Bad Company's "Simple Man" on the Uke already? If I can't find a chord chart for it, I'm gonna work on it myself, but not knowing how to read music, and transpose it'll be a tough chore. But, I've done it before, so I'll do it again if I have to. But want to save a bad head ache if I can, lol..

Need "Simple Man" from Bad Company for the Uke.. Anybody?

Last edited:
If I can't find a chord chart for it, I'm gonna work on it myself

Hi Tudorp

I just played with the video and it seems the chords are simply repeating

D * * * | C * * * | G * F * |D * * * |

* means one beat so you strum D four times, then C four times, 2 beats of G and 2 beats of F, and then back to 4 beats of A.

In the middle, there is a part where D chords continue for a few measures but that was the only thing I could hear.

I don't know if I'm right on, but shouldn't be too far. I hope. Remember I dig Bach and I don't touch jazz songs like Bad Company :confused:

Have fun!
Chief

Last edited:
Interestingly, I was listening to a Bad Company "best-of" set on my way to and from an out of town gig this weekend. Paul Rodgers is one of the greatest rock voices of all time, if you ask me. I don't know if I've heard this song before... thanks!

Thanks, those chords will get me started... I might can spiff it up some with that. And Stand, I'll check that out, hopefully they did all the hard work.. ;)

Interestingly, I was listening to a Bad Company "best-of" set on my way to and from an out of town gig this weekend. Paul Rodgers is one of the greatest rock voices of all time, if you ask me. I don't know if I've heard this song before... thanks!

Yup. I'm a huge Bad Co fan. I have most all their stuff, and have always loved this tune. It's on their "Stories Told & Untold" CD which I think is a greatest hits "re-Recorded" CD. It was originally on "Run With The Pack (1976)"

Last edited:
I only ever had their first two LPs on vinyl. I had a heck of a time finding any sort of best of in CD form, but found one at a used store. It's got a few songs missing that I wish it had, but it's a nice 35 song set. Boz Burrell was such a great bassist, and very underrated.... Simon Kirk was a great drummer (still IS, I imagine)... Mick Ralphs was great too! They had the whole package!

Top Bottom