Made mehself a ukulele wall hanger :D

philpot

Reaction score
I'm horribly proud of myself. All in all, this thing cost under a buck (the little jar of stain was like 5, but I can use that to make several dozen of those, so I don't count that ;) ...) the hook was 80 cents from home depot, the wood was scrap. (Note, don't buy the hooks at lowes. Same brand hook, same color, 1.78 at lowes vs 0.78 at home depot.) The hook actually went a little ways into the stud, and so it wouldn't wiggle I put another screw right in the middle of the bottom portion of it as well. Pretty secure!
The black dot is the external pickup I have on it. Review in the "Ukulele reviews" section of the forums!

fmtfdi.jpg

I bought one of those tool hooks a couple of months ago, but to date, it is sitting on a shelf above my computer desk, NOT holding up a uke. I've been carefully planning my next move!

I bought one of those tool hooks a couple of months ago, but to date, it is sitting on a shelf above my computer desk, NOT holding up a uke. I've been carefully planning my next move!

it works great!! try it out :D

Nice job, Phil...I live in a rented apartment and cannot do that to the walls... any idea's...I would never buy those stick on hooks....just don't trust them...lol

It's a great feeling, isn't it? Good for you, and it looks great, too. So far, i've had nothing but good from my scrap lumber and Home Depot hooks uke hanger. Rock on!

I use the same hooks from home depot to hang all my string instruments. They are great. Just be careful about high gloss finishes that come in contact with the hook. The rubber on the hook can cause a bad reaction with the finish and damage it. This happened on my Martin HD 28. I wrapped the hook in cloth and angled it slightly upwards. Works great.

photo.JPGI made mine out of scraps too. I used shoelaces to hang with. Necessity is the mother of invention :)

Nice job, Phil...I live in a rented apartment and cannot do that to the walls... any idea's...I would never buy those stick on hooks....just don't trust them...lol

hmmm... no holes in the walls at all? if you can make a pin sized hole, I would get some hercules hooks/monkey hooks/gorilla hooks/whatever the heck is the name of the offbrand they're selling right now. They hold a lot of weight (I've tested, we hang all our paintings on them), go in and push up against the back of the drywall, and bam! if you do like rem50 did and use shoelaces, it should work!

In the UK you can buy plastic hooks which slot on the top of doors, you could combine that with the way Rem50 hangs his - no nails, screws or permanent fixtures involved. I'll see if I can find a picture of the hook I am talking about.
note:- I just put in over door hooks into ebay and tons of different sizes and styles popped up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom