WTB: Cheap, laminate tenor

JamieFromOntario

Reaction score
I'd like to have a tenor uke that I can leave in the car and not worry about heat/cold or humidity.

I was thinking a used makala, kala or lanikai tenor.

Anybody got something along those lines that they'd like to part with?

Aloha JamieFromOntario,
Got a cousin in Ontario named Jamie....too.... Sorry I would not leave a ukulele in a car in Hawaii...too hotttt!! maybe cooler where you are...Happy Strummings....MM Stan

If durability most important, get the cheapest Oscar Schmidt that would make you happy. Those laminates built like a tank. Lanikai pretty chunky too!

If you know someone in Hawaii have them run down to Sam's Club and pick up a Leolani tenor. Stan and I both have one and we both think they are hidden gems! $100 with case, extra strings and tuner.

If you know someone in Hawaii have them run down to Sam's Club and pick up a Leolani tenor. Stan and I both have one and we both think they are hidden gems! $100 with case, extra strings and tuner.

Aloha Jamie,
Yup Ronnie's right, It as brought much happiness to my life and sounds great...if you don't worry about looks, but sound preformance, I get alot of enjoyment ot of mine and grab it first and most among my
other ukes...and I ain't lying.....Like Ronnie said...it's a keeper and a hidden gem... just can't believe how good they sound and I have spoken to some Leolani owners and played my cousins and played theirs too..
they all sound consistantly the same ..good.. believe me it's a steal, after you think of the tuner and case, you get the ukulele for $10.00- $20.00....I payed $89.00 for mine plus taxes..

Aloha Jamie,
Yup Ronnie's right, It as brought much happiness to my life and sounds great...if you don't worry about looks, but sound preformance, I get alot of enjoyment ot of mine and grab it first and most among my
other ukes...and I ain't lying.....Like Ronnie said...it's a keeper and a hidden gem... just can't believe how good they sound and I have spoken to some Leolani owners and played my cousins and played theirs too..
they all sound consistantly the same ..good.. believe me it's a steal, after you think of the tuner and case, you get the ukulele for $10.00- $20.00....I payed $89.00 for mine plus taxes..

hi stan,
any idea if there is a sams club close to kaneohe? i have a brother there who is looking to get me a late christmas present, and that sounds like a perfect way to temporarily satisfy my hunger for a new uke without breaking the bank!

Aloha bmoreuke,
I only know of two Sam's Club stores on this island...One in town on Keeamoku near ala moana and one in pearl city....I'm not sure if they still carry them amymore too.....we bought ours a few years back..
Maybe you can call them and ask....1-808-456-7788 pearl city or where we bought ours in town at Keeamoku...1-808-945-9841 I hope it helps...Good Luck, Stan Happy Strummings...

hes in the marine corps, he's lived there for three years, and is moving back to california in about a month, so i have to get him to find me a uke quick! any opinions on a decent hawaiian made ukulele for around $200?

Top Bottom