New Uke Purchase - Mainland Mahogany Tenor!

jonesjimbo

Reaction score
After much deliberation, I made my first solid wood uke purchase!

I wanted a solid wood tenor uke. I read and watched many reviews and decided to go with the Mainland Mahogany Tenor. I got the gloss finish with sliver tuners and ebony buttons.

I can't wait until it arrives! I would like to do a review of it, but I am not sure that I have the best ukulele comparison skills.

I will definitely upload photos and probably a sound sample. Still thinking about a full review.

Just wanted to share with people who care!

Jim

Awesome Jim! Congratulations mate. You've made a great choice there with the Mainland, no doubt. Brother, you're preaching to the choir!!! :) Look forward to the pics and your initial impressions.

Aloha Jim,
Congratulations on your new mainland uke purchase.....will be awaiting your review...as always the wait can be excruciating.. Happy Strummings...MM Stan

I ordered a Mainland mahogany tenor with slotted head stock and the MiSi pick-up system from Mike on Sunday. I am now non-stop looking out the window for the UPS truck which isn't set to arrive for days....but I'll be waiting! :) I'll post photos as well to the "Mainland Owners Club" page.

Congrats bro, from what I've heard and read we're in for a treat! Via Mainland!! X)

Thanks guys! I just joined the Mainland Owners Club. I didn't know there was one!

Congrats on your new uke. Look forward to hearing your review. I have a Mainland Mahogany Tenor with a gloss finish as well but I have the silver tuners with MOP.

Congrats. Just added a Mainland cedar/rosewood pineapple to my collection a couple of weeks ago. Great instruments for the $$$. Love the fact that you can choose pegs or machines. I'm a sucker for friction pegs myself.

Congratulations! I love my two Mainlands.

Update!! My new uke has arrived! Yay!

I came home early from work because I saw that it arrived. At first, it seemed smaller than I expected, but after I started playing it and I compared it to my soprano and concert, it realized it was definitely a tenor.

I will need some more time to really write up a review, but so far I am definitely enjoying it. I think I am still too much of a novice for a good review. I also have never played a tenor before, so I am also getting used to that. But it is bringing a smile to my face, and I think that is really what it is all about!

Here are some pictures for anyone that is interested. I never posted pics before so I am not sure how this is going to go!

DSC01908.jpgDSC01897.jpgDSC01902.jpgDSC01895.jpgDSC01899.jpg

Congrats. That's a very defined grain pattern for mahogany, very pretty.

John

Congratulations

Great choice. I bought the same model last year, with a cutaway and have played it almost everyday since. I make sure to use Aquila Nylgut strings on it. It sings.

Congratulations! You can't go wrong with a Mainland!

Conga rats!

Top Bottom