Fretboard

OJB

Reaction score
I was thinking of making a simple cigar box uke whch will be my first build. Because of my no experience I was wondering where the best place is to get a fretboard with frets already attached? or even an entire neck?
Also, I live in the UK, so UK suppliers are preferable, but willing to pay for a bit of international shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Mainland ukes is a good place to go for a neck and fretboard. I'm not sure about the postage to the UK

Hi OJB - drop me a line with a description of exactly what you need. I can sort you out with anything from a rectangle of wood to a fully finished neck suitable for bolting directly on to your cigar box...

Cheers,
Rob.

I've looked at them but the postage is more than the parts themselves!

Hi OJB - drop me a line with a description of exactly what you need. I can sort you out with anything from a rectangle of wood to a fully finished neck suitable for bolting directly on to your cigar box...

Cheers,
Rob.

Thanks Rob,

I'm going to look around a bit longer so I know exactly what I want. But ideally I would want a fretboard with frets already done and fret markings. 15 frets minimum for soprano or tenor, it's still early days! How much would that cost roughly for a soprano or tenor?

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi Rob/OJB, sorry to hijack this thread, but would you be able to send me a message re. necks/fretboards also? I've got a nice lump of walnut and was hoping to make a solid bodied uke, but frets and necks scare the hell out of me!!

Cheers, Phil

Top Bottom