Help! Stuck in a rut...

strange62

Reaction score
I have been playing for about 3+ years now... I know basic chords, and can play most things. My only hang up is I only know 2 or 3 good strumming patters and try to make every song fit into those...

any good videos/sites that teach some good/easy strum patterns? thanks peeps!

I would check out Ralph Shaw's advanced strumming DVD. He covers everything and presents in a very accessible way.

I agree with Mike. The Ralph Shaw DVD will definitely get you out of your rut.

Another thing you should do is simply listen to what strum patterns other people are using. It doesn't even have to be on ukulele. If you have the radio on and something with a strong strummed guitar part comes on, for example, just focus your ears on it and get the rhythm of what they're playing in your head. If you later can figure out how to get that rhythm to come out of your uke strumming, all the better. If as close as you can get for now is tapping out the rhythm on the back of your uke, well that's a good start too.

JJ

Some videos on UU and YouTube

I saw several videos on youtube that has tutorial on ukulele, if you don't want to spend money to learn how to strum keep on searching in the internet many people share their knowledge and upload it in a website.

Top Bottom