Just wanted to say thanks. :)

angrygnome

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new to both the ukulele and the UU community, but I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for being such excellent people. I have never played an instrument before but have always wanted to. The ukulele had been a top contender on my list of instruments to try (if I were ever motivated enough to give it a shot) and UU is a big part of what pushed me head-first into the uke world.

All the useful information on this site really helped me choose what to buy (I found that all of my questions had already been answered) and who to buy from (thanks again MGM!) Once I received my uke, the "Uke Minutes" videos really helped me with the basics (tuning, stringing, strumming, etc). Through UU I also found "Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp" and immediately started learning chords. I then moved on to slightly more advanced techniques (C String Bass technique, 3 finger chunk, in-out finger picking, etc) and I can now proudly say that I'm well on my way to learning my first song (Uke Lesson 39, More Than Words). I've got the intro down and I'm practicing the rest.

All of this... and I received my first uke (the first instrument I've ever played) 1 week and 1 day ago.

I never thought I'd learn so quickly or want to play so much. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because my fingers hurt too much. :D I can barely type and I couldn't be happier about it.

In any case... long story short... Thanks!

I remember how excited I was to find this community too. Now when I see someone out in public with a UU shirt on, it's like they're wearing my colors, and usually a cool conversation follows. Can't take the credit for all these cool guys, but welcome aboard.

I agree with everything you are saying! And WOW you are learning fast!!
Glad to have you as part of this community! It is great, I attribute my own success to this community and UUU...

Fantastic! I'm nearly 70, wish I could progress that quickly.

This is an awesome community. But, just so ya don't expect too much from your hurting fingers, I been playing everything from Bass to guitar to now Uke for over 30 years, and I still play so long sometimes my fingers hurt, so, don't look for too my sympathy there, hahhah..

But yeah, I am also into several different hobbies, and have been on forums for all my hobbies since before the internet was a real thing, and I have to say in all these years, this UU community is, in fact, the happiest, friendliest, most generous, most helpful, and most of all, the most supporting community I have ever been a part of on the internet.. Your in good company here..

On ya gnome! I totally with you on all you said. We are pretty isolated where we are and I know very few people who play the ukulele so stumbling onto this community - with NatalieS's help - was amazing and it still blows me away the generosity of spirit that is shown here. This place is a bottomless well of resources and great people. :)

Top Bottom