Elderly String sale

I wish they reduce the shipping cost for strings........

I just saw this - free shipping if you order more than $49. Something to think about.

Cheers
Chief

I wish they reduce the shipping cost for strings........

I just saw this - free shipping if you order more than $49. Something to think about.

Cheers
Chief

Try being Canadian. It's never ever ever worth ordering from Elderly if you're Canadian (I ordered something once...never again). As an experiment, I clicked "Buy" on a set of strings worth $3.60. Check out the shipping options:

IPA International (2-6+ weeks) ($10.00)
Priority Mail International (2-6+ weeks) ($23.25)
Express Mail International (1-2+ weeks) ($34.50)

I don't even know how that makes sense. Mailing a set of strings to Canada should cost between two and three bucks. I'm getting just a teeny bit tired of being charged for "international postage," which is code for "the same amount we would charge to ship to a location on the other side of the world." Also, how does a two-week delivery time on a set of strings count as "Express," and how on earth is it worth $34.50?

End of Rant.

Still, a good time to stock up if you have some needs. I'm wanting to experiment with strings for my new banjolele, plus I need replacements for me tenor, concert, and the 5 sopranos I bought for classes. So, I may reach $49 by the time I'm through!!!

~DB

Try being Canadian. It's never ever ever worth ordering from Elderly if you're Canadian (I ordered something once...never again). As an experiment, I clicked "Buy" on a set of strings worth $3.60. Check out the shipping options:

IPA International (2-6+ weeks) ($10.00)
Priority Mail International (2-6+ weeks) ($23.25)
Express Mail International (1-2+ weeks) ($34.50)

I don't even know how that makes sense. Mailing a set of strings to Canada should cost between two and three bucks. I'm getting just a teeny bit tired of being charged for "international postage," which is code for "the same amount we would charge to ship to a location on the other side of the world." Also, how does a two-week delivery time on a set of strings count as "Express," and how on earth is it worth $34.50?

End of Rant.

+1 to that. Musicguymike will send you a set from hawaii for less than $3

Elderly sent me 3 sets to hawaii for $4.50...not too bad...I guess ...anybody know just strings policy???

I bought a few sets today and the savings basically covered the shipping. So, strings with free shipping... I'm happy.

~DB

Top Bottom