If I only had two grand...

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
...I would be able to buy this gorgeous ukulele that showed up on the Bernunzio website. A Martin Special Order Koa Baritone in unplayed condition...Maybe a second mortgage on the house?

http://bernunzio.com/products/1116553

Mike

Why is that $2000? $1000 at the max is what it is worth.
it is from 1992, wow, a whole 19 years old, I have underwear older than that.

What makes it worth 2 grand? For a ukulele to cost that much it would want to fart gold and play world-class music by itself.

That is very expensive I can't even buy a ukulele worth $300, it does not matter how old that ukulele is, it is hard to earn money and I am contented with my ukulele.

I know Martin is a respected guitar and ukulele manufacturer and their instruments do have a nice sound. Their appearance are less than "plain Jane" - spartan at best with the exception of the over $6000 models. I have been unable to wrap my mind around the fact that people will spend thousands of dollars on a guitar or uke that are only slightly average sounding instruments with no flare to the eye either. There are several instruments on the market that play, look and feel better for far less money. I will likely never own a Martin or a Taylor for that matter.

I know Martin is a respected guitar and ukulele manufacturer and their instruments do have a nice sound. Their appearance are less than "plain Jane" - spartan at best with the exception of the over $6000 models. I have been unable to wrap my mind around the fact that people will spend thousands of dollars on a guitar or uke that are only slightly average sounding instruments with no flare to the eye either. There are several instruments on the market that play, look and feel better for far less money. I will likely never own a Martin or a Taylor for that matter.
This is MO, but I think that buying ukuleles is kind of like some people going to a big ball game on Saturday. They didn't care one bit about the game, but they think they can impress their co-workers Monday at the water cooler by saying they went. Also like people who have never ridden a motorcycle in their life, but own a big Harley Davidson. They're scared to death of it, but they can say they have one. Rant is over. Sorry.

Martin can still make a great instrument when they want to, they just make a lot of mediocre ones along with. The smaller boutique builders produce a much higher percentage of great instruments.

Top Bottom