My new cool Cohiba-box, Hulabox 6-String Concert

juha

Reaction score
Here's my latest baby:
l_f230c4e9256957ad9c3c9e30f6b67803.jpg

It's build by Dudlehans in Germany, who only just recently started to build his cigarbox ukes under the brand "Hulabox". I originally ordered this for having a cool novelty-uke to add to my stage show, so I didn't have any great expectations as far as the sound and playability of the instrument are concerned... however it turned out to be a brilliant instrument... Hans built it to my specifications. I wanted it to have 6 strings (C and A are doubled) and it's the first 6-string uke Hans ever built. Infact it's the first 6-String Cigarbox uke I've ever seen... It has a concert-sized 12-to body mapple neck and rosewood fretboard with a total of 15 frets... Notice those cool dice-knobs for volume and tone... It has a Shadow-piezo installed and connects with an endpin-jack... and dig this: it has a built-in humidor for cigars, so it actually opens and houses a selection of fine Havannas...

This is a really sweet sounding original uke with a great playability and cool looks... If you're interested to get one, get in touch with Hans and tell him hi:
http://www.hulaboxes.dudelbau.de/

Juha's instrument is the older sister of my instrument which has her own thread here.
Hans started to build 3 instruments in July, Juha got #8, mine is #10.
#9 is not finished yet, it was meant for the Russian band Scheidenbach, but it seemed they did not want it anymore.

#9 is not finished yet, it was meant for the Russian band Scheidenbach, but it seemed they did not want it anymore.
I wouldn't be so sure. Alexander of Scheidenabch is a very good friend of mine and he wouldn't let go of a uke like this just like that... I'm sure he'll get his as soon as he's back from the summer vacation...

Here's my latest baby:
l_f230c4e9256957ad9c3c9e30f6b67803.jpg

It's build by Dudlehans in Germany, who only just recently started to build his cigarbox ukes under the brand "Hulabox". I originally ordered this for having a cool novelty-uke to add to my stage show, so I didn't have any great expectations as far as the sound and playability of the instrument are concerned... however it turned out to be a brilliant instrument... Hans built it to my specifications. I wanted it to have 6 strings (C and A are doubled) and it's the first 6-string uke Hans ever built. Infact it's the first 6-String Cigarbox uke I've ever seen... It has a concert-sized 12-to body mapple neck and rosewood fretboard with a total of 15 frets... Notice those cool dice-knobs for volume and tone... It has a Shadow-piezo installed and connects with an endpin-jack... and dig this: it has a built-in humidor for cigars, so it actually opens and houses a selection of fine Havannas...

This is a really sweet sounding original uke with a great playability and cool looks... If you're interested to get one, get in touch with Hans and tell him hi:
http://www.hulaboxes.dudelbau.de/

It's gorgeous. I want to hear it!

It's gorgeous. I want to hear it!
I'm new to this forum... Is there a way to upload mp3 files here?

Anyways I guarantee that it sounds just as neat as it looks... different than a "normal uke" (what ever it means), but really neat and original.

Last edited:
Top Bottom