admitting to a slight case of UAS

janeray1940

Reaction score
MGM posted a lovely Kamaka tenor on eBay today.

The auction has had around 78 views so far; I'll bet about 50 of those are mine :)

The timing could not be worse for me - I absolutely cannot justify spending the money right now. Ah well.

Hopefully one of you good people will buy it and post a song or two :)

Go for it!...if you don't get it I will haha.

And I want that Lavender Pineapple Sunday that he has! :)

Must resist - am officially saving for a Kamaka Pineapple for this go around.

And I want that Lavender Pineapple Sunday that he has! :)

Must resist - am officially saving for a Kamaka Pineapple for this go around.

I'm almost certain my desire for a Kamaka Pineapple has been surpassed by desire for a tenor. The good thing is I can't spring for either one right now, so I'll be able to think about this for a good long time before deciding.

Just kidding ..you have three great kamakas..do you even like tenors?

Just kidding ..you have three great kamakas..do you even like tenors?

I've never owned one, but I do like them. I'm pretty convinced that concert ukes are perfect in every way, though, so it's not like I *have* to have one. But I'd definitely play it if one came my way!

I know what you mean. I have to thank Ronnie Aloha for helping me achieve my Kamaka dream. Should be arriving any day now. I you want it, you should have it. Justify it later.

Pretty much :) Hey, maybe in oh, nine months or so I'll bring a bouncing baby Kamaka HF-3 into the world!

I have it too, I just lack all the necessary funds to make it a reality ;) but... my grandma may or may not have offered to front me the rest of the cash for my Kamaka and I can work it off through my tutoring/uke teaching for my cousins... ^.^ so I may be able to satisfy mine soon ;) If I were you, I would go ahead and get the tenor, just because. Doesn't hurt to have another uke :)

Doesn't hurt to have another uke :)

The time just isn't right, unfortunately. But I'm a big believer in the idea that ukes find you, and not the other way around - when the tenor that was meant to be mine turns up, I'll know it. It's just not this one.

Keep us posted on your Kamaka progress! I'm looking forward to the day when it's a reality for you :)

The time just isn't right, unfortunately. But I'm a big believer in the idea that ukes find you, and not the other way around - when the tenor that was meant to be mine turns up, I'll know it. It's just not this one.

Keep us posted on your Kamaka progress! I'm looking forward to the day when it's a reality for you :)

Thats a good way to look at it :) its a pretty uke nonetheless.

I have my eye on a concert that I'm hoping has "found" me... I'll know in about 4 days ;P

While you may favor concerts, everyone needs a nice tenor! And the price seems pretty good for a new HF-3.

If hadn't gotten my Compass Rose tenor from Mike earlier this year, I'd be thinking about this one.

Thats a good way to look at it :) its a pretty uke nonetheless.

I have my eye on a concert that I'm hoping has "found" me... I'll know in about 4 days ;P

Good luck. Hope it'll be yours.

I think a guy saying it makes me look thinner is better than saying your trying to compensate haha.

. . . I'm a big believer in the idea that ukes find you, and not the other way around - when the tenor that was meant to be mine turns up, I'll know it. It's just not this one.

I have the same problem with a guitar most beautifully depicted on the following link.
http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/ds1a7967.html

I have more than enough money to buy it but I feel like I can't really afford it, life's just too tenuous right now. I'm afraid to go play it because I can pretty well predict that this guitar has just about everything in terms of tone and power that would just send me into Travis heaven. . . I have a feeling that if I actually got my hands on it I'll break down like the hopeless music junkie that I am so I'm trying to avoid it. The thing is that a guitar like this may or may not come available for quite some time. . . these things are quite unpredictable.

oh well. . .

Looks like a great deal on a beautiful uke. Good luck and enjoy to whoever buys it.

The thing is that a guitar like this may or may not come available for quite some time. . . these things are quite unpredictable.

Ooooooh, yeah, that makes things a bit trickier. Knowing that I can order a Kamaka tenor from the factory any old time makes it much easier to pass on this auction.

Top Bottom