PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Artist or Band

rayan
12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
What your favorite artist or band? Doesn't have to be ukulele.

Terrell
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
probably The Sound Providers and Nujabees

Aldrine Guerrero
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Parokya ni Edgar, 311, Jason Mraz, etc.

There's a whole bunch... hahaha

tori8984
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Robert Cray, Beau jocque and the High Rollers

deadeye
12-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Led Zepplin, arctic monkeys, tenacious d!

Misguided Musician
12-03-2007, 04:29 AM
I like Jason Mraz, Gabe Bondoc, Passion, John Mayer, Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, Aldrine Guerrero(^ up there), Nujabes, The Pillows, The Beatles, Carlos Santana, and anyone else. I basically listen to everything.

rayan
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I like Jason Mraz, Gabe Bondoc, Passion, John Mayer, Bob Marley, Jack Johnson, Aldrine Guerrero(^ up there), Nujabes, The Pillows, The Beatles, Carlos Santana, and anyone else. I basically listen to everything.

I like Gabe Bondoc and Passion too. Awesome stuff coming from those 2 guys. I'm also a fan of Josh Verdes.

Duke
12-03-2007, 01:02 PM
i surf on wave of neil zaza for over 1,5 years now...
normally i dont like hard rock music too much, but neil play his egutiar sooooo melodical and sweet. look out for "when gravity fails"(the best mastering of music i ever heard) and "one silent night" (much xmas songs but fine music)

well ... tommy emmanuel has a "WOW" guitartechnique
like some classical tunes and also some tunes which are unique and very melodical... instrumental tunes... telling a story.....

on the prog "last fm" i heard some spanish flamenco guitar... Úle!!! .. nice!

well, mostly my music i more instrumental; some bands are: jason mraz, buena vista social club, elton john, queen, evanescence, some jazz classicals, .....

oh maaaan there so much...

Landon
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Ka'au Crater Boys. Troy Fernandez is a BEAST. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Beautiful music, was one of the best hands down. Jake Shimabukuro[sp?] The best ukulele player alive today. Peter Moon was a great ukulele player and still is i bet. Kapena is a great group as well as the Makaha Sons. Imua Garza and the rest of the Opihi Pickers.

Outside of the ukulele world i like Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Eric Clapton, Bob Marley and so many others it would be impossible to name them all.

Momentai
12-04-2007, 05:56 AM
The Good Cheer, Dallas Green, Christian Caldeira.

I finally posted something, yayy!

titoboy5
12-12-2007, 04:08 PM
parokya ni edgar,cueshe,and so much more!

pakiboy949
12-13-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm a fan of many groups, but does anybody listen to any non main-stream hip hop?

I.E.
Murs
Atmosphere
Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks
Aesop Rock
Binary Star
Talib Kweli
Common
Mos Def
Wu Tang
MF Doom
etc.

Bigylittle
12-15-2007, 11:28 PM
I can listen to whatever, I'm not really into main-stream. Native Guns, Jack Johnson, Passion, The Expendables, Me First and The Gimmie Gimmies, Hit The Lights, Pepper, can't forget Aldrine :]

Emilio Corpus
12-18-2007, 07:05 AM
i love pepper. just went to their show in SF a couple of weeks ago. expendables were there too. the roots and some non main stream hip hop!

Fred Miu
12-18-2007, 07:11 AM
sublime, Bob Marley, Rage Against the Machine, Mozart, Santana, just about anything but country.

CenizaT&K-01
12-18-2007, 07:33 AM
if you guys ever get to check out Kevin "Nappy" Napoleon and his CD titled "Simply Nappy" please do so! It's absolutly amazing.

JoeyJr858
05-05-2008, 05:40 PM
too many to name...

but tops would be Stevie Wonder, Incubus, Bob Marley, D'angelo, Erykah Badu, Musiq Soulchild, Sublime, The Mars Volta, Alicia Keys... to name a few :D

KoloheBoy
05-05-2008, 05:45 PM
NATURAL VIBRATIONS, 311, jason mraz, three plus, ekolu, jack johnson, SDIB, Bob Marley, Common, Aldrine Guerrero, Danyo cummings.

Guting
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Gabe Bondoc and Passion are my recent faves, we all played in the same show.

Valerie
05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Favorite band? Probably Nickle Creek.

Favorite artist (now that's a tad bit harder...) I like Jack Johnson, Joshua Radin, Joe Purdy, Patty Griffin, Regina Spektor, Feist, Brett Dennon, etc. etc.

Ame
05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Gabe Bondoc and Passion are my recent faves, we all played in the same show.

ooh awesome, where at?

Both of them recently played in SFS umm last week, but i wasn't able to go. >.>;;

UKESTAR
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I guess I have to consider what I play most on ipod..

Marley..almost all of them:D, Zepp, D. Gray, J. Johnson, John B. Body....again, nothing too unique here...

david98116
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Katchafire & John Cruz right now...

Ame
05-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok what I've been listening to recently:
Aldrine, An Cafe, Miyavi, Ekolu, Three Plus, Ho'onu'a, Jake Shimabukuo, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Jay Brannan, Meg & Dia, Mika, PlayRadioPlay!, Coward's Courage, Julia Nunes, and that's all I can think of at the moment.

I'm pretty eclectic, so my favorite music changes like every week. xP

MGM
05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Okay I show my age...Three Dog Night, Earth wind and fire, Chicago...

russ_buss
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
kelly clarkson, neil young, jack johnson, weezer, david gray, nitty gritty dirt band, jayhawks, wilco, allison krauss....okay, the list is getting too long.

i think my favorite is jack johnson.

Kaneohe til the end
05-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Incubus, red jumpsuit apparatus, silversun pickups

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-05-2008, 09:47 PM
anybody still into MJ tunes?

mj be michael jackson

Guting
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
ooh awesome, where at?

Both of them recently played in SFS umm last week, but i wasn't able to go. >.>;;

We played at API SMASH @ SFSU last monday, awesome performance by those guys.

http://a1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_17cfbaaa7b8df692284eaa32b05c8b68.jpg

missing jeremy "Passion" the third guapo.

Keonikapila
05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Cecilio & Kapono, Kalapana, Ka'au Crater Boys, Willie K, Jack Johnson, Kapena, Ho'aikane

pinchmips
05-06-2008, 05:30 AM
The Beatles
The Beatles
The Beatles
and the Shins, The Killers, Billy Joel.

nikolo727
05-06-2008, 05:52 AM
Dragonforce, Chris Taylor, Esterlyn, The Beatles (<3), Demon Hunter, Jake of course, The Great Iz.

rklicsu
05-06-2008, 05:54 AM
I am all over the board on this one...

REV. HORTON HEAT, KA'AU CRATER BOYS, THE AGGROLITES, ELVIS PRESLEY, THE CLASH, JOE STRUMMER, THROW RAG, SUBLIME, JAMES BROWN, SOCIAL DISTORTION, PEPPER, TH' LEGENDARY SHACK SHAKERS, JACK JOHNSON, JOHNNY CASH, THE PIXIES, G.LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE, DROPKICK MURPHYS, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, CHRIS ISAAK, FLOGGING MOLLY, BRIAN SETZER, SOUTHERN CULTURE ON THE SKIDS...

drubin
05-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Beirut, Del Rey, Kelly Joe Phelps, Rob Ickes, Sol Ho'opi, Bob Brozman, The Rachels, Medeski, Martin, and Wood, Ray Charles, Tom Waits...:D

Sayyadina
05-06-2008, 06:25 AM
anybody still into MJ tunes?

mj be michael jackson

Lol Micheal Jackson rules.
I am more into Eels, Logh, Beatles, Audrey, Beirut and lots more....

gobes
05-06-2008, 06:30 AM
social distortion

UKESTAR
05-06-2008, 07:55 AM
kelly clarkson, neil young, jack johnson, weezer, david gray, nitty gritty dirt band, jayhawks, wilco, allison krauss....okay, the list is getting too long.

i think my favorite is jack johnson.

Yeh...forgot about Allison Krauss...one of the most pure and beautiful voices out there...no doubt. Yep...D. Gray rules it too.. and of course J. Jackson....:D
Great picks in my book!!

Howlin Hobbit
05-06-2008, 08:45 AM
I am all over the board on this one...
. . . TH' LEGENDARY SHACK SHAKERS . . .

I played a Valentine's Day gig with the Shack Shakers a couple years ago. They were really nice cats as well as being a monster show.

Lanark
05-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Geesh, I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm a complete music geek. I'd be probably the only person you're likely to meet who's seen the Misfits (with Danzig, no less) and Liberace live and in concert.

Garage & Punk (60's-80's), Psychedelic, Jazz (20's-60's), Funk, old school Country (30's-50's stuff), lots of novelty songs and just plain weird crud. I'm just completely all over the map. It's a blessing and a curse. I can appreciate lots of stuff, but there's always more to hear. (And you don't even want to get me started on the 80's-90's music scene in New Zealand..) I don't even want to imagine what my record collection is currently worth. It'd be scary.

Lately though I've been on a serious Fats Waller kick and I'm anxiously awaiting a US release date for the Fall's newest "Imperial Wax Solvent". And I loaded the five good West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band lp's onto the Zune the other day and was totally digging on them for the first time in ages. I also recently dl'd pretty much everything Doris Day ever recorded and finding it really rather enjoyable in a good random shuffle...

and Blah blah blah... I'm a hopeless geek. I can't help it.

Slick
05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
All time fav's...
Beatles, Byrds, Neil Young, Buffalo Springfield, The Band and of coarse Dylan.

Lately I've been listening to...
The Gourds, Old 97s, Reckless Kelly, Cross Canadian Ragweed and Alejandeo Escovedo

Jacman Rasta Bicycle
05-06-2008, 09:31 AM
as of NOW, my iPod has 11,881 songs (31.9 days) loaded.

here are a few of my favorites:

The Beatles
Bad Religion
Miles Davis
Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd
The Flaming Lips
John Fahey
Neil Young
Carmaig De Forest
Heinous Rynes
Thelonius Monk
Patti Smith Group

all the stuff on Lenny Kay's NUGGETS box set.

FrankNoCal
05-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, I was watching Seeso videos till like 11PM on YouTube lastnight so maybe he's my fave right now. Also Cecilio and Kapono and Braddah Iz. I also been listening to alot of country lately. Don't hate on the country, Fred! Ha! Hey everyone's saying Aldrine. He got a CD or something?

russ_buss
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I was watching Seeso videos till like 11PM on YouTube lastnight so maybe he's my fave right now. Also Cecilio and Kapono and Braddah Iz. I also been listening to alot of country lately. Don't hate on the country, Fred! Ha! Hey everyone's saying Aldrine. He got a CD or something?

love me some country music as well. the bay area finally has a reliable country station (95.7 the wolf).

but it's not for everyone.:)

ukusaurus
05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I think probably Testament is my favorite band with Municipal Waste being a close second. Looking through this thread it seems that I'm the only uke player in the world that likes Metal. :eek:

seeso
05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
My favorite music is 60's and 70's soul/r&b/funk music. Some of my favorites from that era:

Bill Withers
Curtis Mayfield
Sly and the Family Stone
Honey Cone
Staple Singers
The Temptations

Some of my favorite tunes from the era:

The World is a Ghetto - War
Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack
Ooh Child - The Five Stairsteps
I Can't Write Left Handed - Bill Withers
Grandma's Hands - Bill Withers
Pusherman - Curtis Mayfield
Choice of Colors - Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions
Clean Up Woman - Betty Wright
Want Ads - Honey Cone
Midnight Train To Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips
I Can't Stand The Rain - Ann Peebles
Home Is Where the Hatred Is - Esther Phillips
Memory Lane - Minnie Riperton
Tell Me Something Good - Rufus & Chaka Khan

I really do like everything, though.

Hip-Hop:

Blackalicious
Sage Francis
Lyrics Born
Dead Prez
Mr. Lif
Tupac
RUN - D.M.C.
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Kurtis Blow
The Beastie Boys
Public Enemy
Cee-Lo
Lupe Fiasco

Metal/Hard Rock:

AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Guns n Roses
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
Rollins Band

Punk:

Nirvana
Fugazi
Black Flag
The Ramones

Iris De Ment
John Prine
Dolly Parton
Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Lyle Lovett
Hank Williams

Rock and Roll:

Bruce Springsteen
The Replacements
Pearl Jam
The Rolling Stones
Neil Young
Tom Petty
Wilco
The Band

Reggae:

Bob Marley
Toots and the Maytals
Peter Tosh
Sizzla
Buju Banton
Gyptian
Beres Hammond

Singer-Songwriter:

Bob Dylan
Joni Mitchell
Paul Pena
Billy Joel
Bright Eyes
Ani DiFranco
Harry Chapin
James Taylor
Jim Croce
Cat Stevens
Ray LaMontagne
Amos Lee
Regina Spektor
Martin Sexton
John Hiatt

Soul/R&B:

Lauryn Hill
Erykah Badu
Nikka Costa
Prince
Lyfe Jennings
Alicia Keys
Jill Scott
Marvin Gaye
Ray Charles
Aretha Franklin
The Commodores
Earth, Wind and Fire
The Stylistics
The Jackson 5

Okay, this list is getting too long. There are plenty of artists I'm probably forgetting. I'll stop now. :S

Sweet!

Woodstocksp3
05-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Nickel Creek
John Mayer
Chicago
Keane
Jack's Mannequin
Boston
Journey
Kansas
Incubus
Pearl Jam
Relient K
Dan Fogelberg
John Denver
George Strait
Miles Davis
Maynard Ferguson
Stephen Speaks
Tracy Lawrence
Queen
Weezer
Alabama
Jimmy Eat World
Oasis
The Beatles
The Police
Muse

Jimmy
05-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Four words.

Rocket From The Crypt.

tad
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I think probably Testament is my favorite band with Municipal Waste being a close second. Looking through this thread it seems that I'm the only uke player in the world that likes Metal. :eek:

Nah, I know at least two people that've been in metal bands that play uke.

Vroom
05-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Definitely the who.

Howlin Hobbit
05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Lately though I've been on a serious Fats Waller kick. . .

Fats Waller rocks my world. Likewise Cab Calloway.

HumbleSounds
05-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Michael Franti
Bob and Ziggy Marley
Desmond Dekker
Skatalites
Bambu Station
Jack Johnson
Blackalicious
Jurrassic 5
Blue Scholars
Bobby McFerrin
Go Jimmy Go
Hepcat
Jimmy Cliff
Matisyahu
Ozomatli
Troll's Cottage

SMillette92
05-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Beatles.
Most definitely Beatles!

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Beatles.
Most definitely Beatles!

So many people like the beatles... But i can't even name one song they have sung - i know they are huge... but i just never got into them, ill get some of there music now.

ovation_89
06-10-2008, 06:54 PM
beatles, bob marley, jacks mannequin, guster, weezer (blue, green, pinkerton and a little red)

Howlin Hobbit
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Too many to name them all. But I'll toss out a few (in no particular order). Google 'em up if you haven't heard them.

Brian Hefferan (and his duo, The Fabulous Heftones).
John Kavanagh.
Patsy Monteleone.
Davis Sweet.
Any project that Pops Bayless is involved in, but especially Shorty Long.
Craig Robertson.
Gus Raucous (aka GUGUG on YouTube).
Fin Raucous (sometimes with Gus, other times solo on YouTube).
John King.
Coney Island Cartel.
The ReEntrants.
Pholly.
The Boulder Acoustic Society (and Aaron Keim solo stuff).

That oughta keep you busy for a while.

And apologies to any of my fine online friends that I've left off the list. You're in my heart, it's just my brain is not up to snuff.

deach
06-12-2008, 01:34 AM
So many people like the beatles... But i can't even name one song they have sung - i know they are huge... but i just never got into them, ill get some of there music now.

I didn't know this was possible.

hawaiianmusiclover06
06-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Here goes my list:

Herb Ohta (Ohta-San)
Herb Ohta, Jr.
Jake Shimabukuro
Weldon Kekauoha
Bryan Tolentino
Imua Garza and rest of the Opihi Pickers
Hoku Zuttermeister
Stephen Inglis
Braddah IZ
Manoa DNA
Kaukahi

edmundwhitehead
06-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Elvis
Santana
Jake
Chick Corea
Thelonious Monk
Keane
Black Sabbath
Eric Clapton
Greg Howe
Tetsuo Sakurai
Akira Jimbo
Muse
Curios
EST
Victor Wooten
Weather Report
Char
Nickelback
Bobby McFerrin
Bob Marley
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Steve Lukather
and James Brown.

I want all their babies.

leplasti
06-12-2008, 05:18 AM
I could keep talking about music for hours and hours... My all time favorites are maybe Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Fugazi and Ennio Morricone. Lately I've been listening a lot to Queens of the Stone Age (my favourite still-active act), Brant Bjork, Elliott Smith, John Coltrane, Rocket From The Crypt and lots of other artists I don't remember now.

Jimmy
06-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Rocket From The Crypt

+Rep for you.

Rocket from the Crypt, Gogol Bordello (Actually working on arranging some of their stuff for uke as I write this), Queens of the Stone Age, Muse (Who I might be seeing in August), Dragonforce (Who I might be seeing in October), Tommy Emmanuel (Who I definitely will be seeing in November!)...

Aaaaaand Seeso.

mctrmt
06-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Lately I've been all about Mum and Beirut. Perennial favorites are Magnetic Fields and They Might Be Giants. And there is always Leonard Cohen. I used to collect Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians and whatever big band stuff I could get my hands on. I really liked when Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong teamed up for "It Might As Well Be Swing". And I love the 1920s. And the 1980s.

ovation_89
06-12-2008, 08:59 PM
ive also been listening to alot of coldplay, death cab for cutie, and the shins

Dino
06-13-2008, 01:56 AM
One of my all time favorites is the group from Hawaii called Lemuria. Jazz with a little Gospel flair in the lyrics. Produced by Kirk Thompson of the famous group Kalapana. Also, doing vocals, the great Azure McCall. I also fancy Seawind.

Bourbon Boy
06-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I am into MRAZ as well...I aslo dig Dispatch...anyone a fan??
Really good sounding band....Rock sound with hints of reggae...great use of instruments.

Jimmy
06-17-2008, 09:55 AM
They Might Be Giants

I agree. I agree nine times.

d'uke
12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Fav Artists:

Lupe Fiasco
Tupac
Kanye West
Blackalicious
Afrika Bambaataa
Bob Marley
Michael Jackson
N.E.R.D

I could be here all day but here are a few :D

haolejohn
12-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Top 5

1. Jason Upton
2. Shane and Shane (Musically can't be beat)
3. David Crowder
4. Enter the Worship Circle
5. Jeremy Riddle

Pharmaceutical.Bandit
12-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Rx Bandits are my favorite. Theyre a rock band with like jazzy/funk/punk/ska everything mixed to make their sound.

so heres a list of stuff i listen to on the regular or whats been playin lately for me:
Rx Bandits
Streetlight Manifesto
Rilo Kiley
Killers
Old 97s
Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution (B.O.T.A.R.)
Coldplay
A Tribe Called Quest
People Under the Stairs
MGMT
Rancid
The Avalanches

Captain Google
12-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Let's see now...

1. Jake Shimabukuro
1. They Might Be Giants
1. The Hives
1. The Aquabats
1. The Reverend Horton Heat (see a pattern?)
1. Several others.

haole
12-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Beatles, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Xavier Rudd, Jack Johnson, Red Hot Chili Peppers, White Stripes, Ratatat, Mars Volta, Kooks, Fountains of Wayne, Caribou, Brandi Carlile, Modest Mouse, Raconteurs, Kinks, Death Cab, Clash, Who, Victoria Vox, Jake, and Aldrine make up the most played artists in my iTunes, if that says anything. ;)

ricdoug
12-31-2008, 02:46 PM
I've always enjoyed bands that are heavy on the guitar, especially Rockin' da' Blues! Jimi Hendrix is my all time favorite. Rolling Stone did a list that has many of my favorites, not necessarilly in the order I would pick except for Jimi being ichiban. Ric

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time

The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time

1 Jimi Hendrix
2 Duane Allman of the Allman Brothers Band
3 B.B. King
4 Eric Clapton
5 Robert Johnson
6 Chuck Berry
7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
8 Ry Cooder
9 Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin
10 Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones
11 Kirk Hammett of Metallica
12 Kurt Cobain of Nirvana
13 Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead
14 Jeff Beck
15 Carlos Santana
16 Johnny Ramone of the Ramones
17 Jack White of the White Stripes
18 John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers
19 Richard Thompson
20 James Burton
21 George Harrison
22 Mike Bloomfield
23 Warren Haynes
24 The Edge of U2
25 Freddy King
26 Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave
27 Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits
28 Stephen Stills
29 Ron Asheton of the Stooges
30 Buddy Guy
31 Dick Dale
32 John Cipollina of Quicksilver Messenger Service
33 & 34 Lee Ranaldo, Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth
35 John Fahey
36 Steve Cropper of Booker T. and the MG's
37 Bo Diddley
38 Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac
39 Brian May of Queen
40 John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival
41 Clarence White of the Byrds
42 Robert Fripp of King Crimson
43 Eddie Hazel of Funkadelic
44 Scotty Moore
45 Frank Zappa
46 Les Paul
47 T-Bone Walker
48 Joe Perry of Aerosmith
49 John McLaughlin
50 Pete Townshend
51 Paul Kossoff of Free
52 Lou Reed
53 Mickey Baker
54 Jorma Kaukonen of Jefferson Airplane
55 Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple
56 Tom Verlaine of Television
57 Roy Buchanan
58 Dickey Betts
59 & 60 Jonny Greenwood, Ed O'Brien of Radiohead
61 Ike Turner
62 Zoot Horn Rollo of the Magic Band
63 Danny Gatton
64 Mick Ronson
65 Hubert Sumlin
66 Vernon Reid of Living Colour
67 Link Wray
68 Jerry Miller of Moby Grape
69 Steve Howe of Yes
70 Eddie Van Halen
71 Lightnin' Hopkins
72 Joni Mitchell
73 Trey Anastasio of Phish
74 Johnny Winter
75 Adam Jones of Tool
76 Ali Farka Toure
77 Henry Vestine of Canned Heat
78 Robbie Robertson of the Band
79 Cliff Gallup of the Blue Caps (1997)
80 Robert Quine of the Voidoids
81 Derek Trucks
82 David Gilmour of Pink Floyd
83 Neil Young
84 Eddie Cochran
85 Randy Rhoads
86 Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath
87 Joan Jett
88 Dave Davies of the Kinks
89 D. Boon of the Minutemen
90 Glen Buxton of Alice Cooper
91 Robby Krieger of the Doors
92 & 93 Fred "Sonic" Smith, Wayne Kramer of the MC5
94 Bert Jansch
95 Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine
96 Angus Young of AC/DC
97 Robert Randolph
98 Leigh Stephens of Blue Cheer
99 Greg Ginn of Black Flag
100 Kim Thayil of Soundgarden (Posted ago 27, 2003)

krabbers
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
non uke band .... the avett brothers

uke bands. petty booka, UOGB and the mighty UCB

ricdoug
01-01-2009, 06:38 AM

I must be getting old! LOL! Now, name me a Chuck Berry song................. Ric

musiccityuker
01-01-2009, 07:08 AM
The Beatles & Eagles

fatfingers75
01-01-2009, 10:13 PM
my favorite artists are jake shimabukuro, aldrine guerrero,

dood
01-01-2009, 10:19 PM
aldrine guerrero, rebel souljahs, three plus, pacific cool, castro boyz, rebel lion!

some are local bands from guam lol

Moller
01-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Elliott Smith, Bright Eyes, Arcade Fire, Death cab for cutie, Teitur and so on..

ukulelemotion
01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
lets see.. i like parokya ni edgar. jake, aldrine, and rayan too.. also passion and gabe bondoc.. i have actually performed with those guys.. talk about awesome and cool guys.. :D

fresh
emotion

nickulele
01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
I've always enjoyed bands that are heavy on the guitar, especially Rockin' da' Blues! Jimi Hendrix is my all time favorite. Rolling Stone did a list that has many of my favorites, not necessarilly in the order I would pick except for Jimi being ichiban. Ric

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time

1 Jimi Hendrix
3 B.B. King
4 Eric Clapton
5 Robert Johnson
6 Chuck Berry
7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
8 Ry Cooder
14 Jeff Beck
15 Carlos Santana
19 Richard Thompson
20 James Burton
21 George Harrison
22 Mike Bloomfield
23 Warren Haynes
24 The Edge of U2
25 Freddy King
28 Stephen Stills
30 Buddy Guy
31 Dick Dale
35 John Fahey
37 Bo Diddley
39 Brian May of Queen
44 Scotty Moore
45 Frank Zappa
46 Les Paul
47 T-Bone Walker
49 John McLaughlin
50 Pete Townshend
51 Paul Kossoff of Free
52 Lou Reed
53 Mickey Baker
57 Roy Buchanan
58 Dickey Betts
61 Ike Turner
63 Danny Gatton
64 Mick Ronson
65 Hubert Sumlin
67 Link Wray
69 Steve Howe of Yes
70 Eddie Van Halen
71 Lightnin' Hopkins
72 Joni Mitchell
74 Johnny Winter
75 Adam Jones of Tool
76 Ali Farka Toure
81 Derek Trucks
83 Neil Young
84 Eddie Cochran
85 Randy Rhoads
87 Joan Jett
94 Bert Jansch
96 Angus Young of AC/DC
97 Robert Randolph

Can't believe Mick Ronson and Frank Zappa aren't higher up!

my faves (artists - not guitarists) are Mark Lanegan, Lee Hazelwood, Puerto Muerto (AMAZING group form chicago), T Rex, Slade, Sabbath etc...

uke142464
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Can't believe Mick Ronson and Frank Zappa aren't higher up!

my faves (artists - not guitarists) are Mark Lanegan, Lee Hazelwood, Puerto Muerto (AMAZING group form chicago), T Rex, Slade, Sabbath etc...

wheres bob marley?
my favorites are, ryan tennis, xavier rudd, queen, bob marley, any black (african-american, if offended) blues guy (don't like white people blues, lacking of soul) julia nunes, christina aguilera (crazy amazing voice), the guess who (for the most part), bob dylan, eminem, lynyrd skynrd(however you spell it), jake shimabukuro, da beatles, cat stevens, daft punk, and anything else that tickles my fancy;)

deach
01-02-2009, 05:37 PM
.....don't like white people blues, lacking of soul....

Your age is showing...

dinkadink
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, Beatles, Kenny Schick, Deerhoof, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye.

And this isn't any particular artist or band, but I'm a big showtunes nerd too.

UkEdman90
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Rebelution, UB-40, Bob Marley, and Slightly Stupid! I'm a reggae guy!

rhubarb4
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Me gusta The Format, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, Vampire Weekend, Julia Nunes, y Steel Train.
They are all muy bueno :]

Ukuleleblues
01-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Cliff Edwards, Del Rey, Wiyos, Louis Armstong, Alman Brothers, Muddy Waters, Junior Brown, Howlin Wolf, Fats Waller, Doc Watson.

uke142464
01-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Your age is showing...

Im afraid so...:D

h-drix
01-03-2009, 05:14 AM
top 4 (no order)
- The Clash/Joe Strummer
- Against Me!
- Ghost Mice
- Defiance, Ohio

it falls under the punk or folk/punk i'll love it.

fav song: somewhere over the rainbow

mhh
01-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Pixies
Talking Heads
The White Stripes
Dinosaur JR
Sufjan Stevens
Streetlight Manifesto
Elliott Smith
Beirut
Ben Folds
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Kinks
Jimi Hendrix
Rush
The Doors
The Flaming Lips
Cold War Kids
Pink Floyd

These are my absolute favorites

deadeye
01-04-2009, 04:58 AM
stereophonics

Kaneohe til the end
01-04-2009, 05:30 PM

1 Jimi Hendrix
3 B.B. King
4 Eric Clapton
5 Robert Johnson
6 Chuck Berry
7 Stevie Ray Vaughan
8 Ry Cooder
14 Jeff Beck
15 Carlos Santana
19 Richard Thompson
20 James Burton
21 George Harrison
22 Mike Bloomfield
23 Warren Haynes
24 The Edge of U2
25 Freddy King
28 Stephen Stills
30 Buddy Guy
31 Dick Dale
35 John Fahey
37 Bo Diddley
39 Brian May of Queen
44 Scotty Moore
45 Frank Zappa
46 Les Paul
47 T-Bone Walker
49 John McLaughlin
50 Pete Townshend
51 Paul Kossoff of Free
52 Lou Reed
53 Mickey Baker
57 Roy Buchanan
58 Dickey Betts
61 Ike Turner
63 Danny Gatton
64 Mick Ronson
65 Hubert Sumlin
67 Link Wray
69 Steve Howe of Yes
70 Eddie Van Halen
71 Lightnin' Hopkins
72 Joni Mitchell
74 Johnny Winter
75 Adam Jones of Tool
76 Ali Farka Toure
81 Derek Trucks
83 Neil Young
84 Eddie Cochran
85 Randy Rhoads
87 Joan Jett
94 Bert Jansch
96 Angus Young of AC/DC
97 Robert Randolph

i used to be kind of a rolling stone collector for a little while, and i had that issue. i could never figure out why Jeff Beck was so high on the list. i also question why Michael Einziger of Incubus isnt on the list. He did some awesome shizznit on all of the Incubus albums i have, which is all of them

ricdoug
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Jeff was a big fan of Les Paul and got a chance to jam with him on the weekly TV show "In Concert". They swapped licks until Less walked over and pulled the cord out of Jeff's amp and bowed before him. I wonder if that's on YouTube? I agree that the list lacks many greats. Jimi Hendrix deserves the number one slot in my opinion, but the rest of the list is incomplete and/or out of order. Ric

ricdoug
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh, HAIL YEAH!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrC_oqWq2pU

Kaneohe til the end
01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Jeff was a big fan of Les Paul and got a chance to jam with him on the weekly TV show "In Concert". They swapped licks until Less walked over and pulled the cord out of Jeff's amp and bowed before him. I wonder if that's on YouTube? I agree that the list lacks many greats. Jimi Hendrix deserves the number one slot in my opinion, but the rest of the list is incomplete and/or out of order. Ric

okay. why did he do that? thats kinda dicks