The Three Tenors...Rebooted!!!

H

Hippie Dribble

introducing Luciano, Placido and Jose:

DSCF6753.jpgDSCF6754.jpgDSCF6755.jpgDSCF6756.jpg

not sure they sing quite like Pavarotti, Domingo or Carreras, but to me they sound every bit as sweet. :)

Group photograph L - R: Mya Moe Blackstripe Walnut Tenor; Bluegrass Curly Maple Tenor; Mya Moe Mango Resonator Tenor.

It's an embarrasment of riches maybe, but I think the only other tenors I'd like to own would be a Kamaka HF-3 or a Moore Bettah. Maybe someday, but these three beauties will do just fine for now. :)

Aloha Eugene,
What an impressive family.....too embarrassed???? hmm...he he isnt that just a hint of what all the rest your have?? I'm sooo jealous....and I think I'm not the only one too mate...for sure...Thanks for sharing..MM Stan
I'm sure we'll see your other babies in your video's .....hint hint...

Last edited:
It's an embarrasment of riches maybe, but I think the only other tenors I'd like to own would be a Kamaka HF-3 or a Moore Bettah.

What you'd like to own is what I'd like to own too! :D
But I am too jealous of what you already have!
And they are beauties :)

You're right Eugene.

That is an embarrassing collection, way too many beautiful ukes. I think I can help though. If you post the Mya Moe Walnut to me.....

A beautiful family, Eugene. But that resonator is exceptional! When did you add that to your stable?

Eugene,
Nice, Nice and Nice. Hopefully my Kamaka will be arriving shortly. Have you done a review of the Mya Moe? I would be interested in reading/hearing it.

Sweet group. Thanks for sharing.
Don

A beautiful family, Eugene. But that resonator is exceptional! When did you add that to your stable?

hey dk,

middle of last year mate. In truth, I'd been too scared to play it for months. It's strung low G which I'm not used too and just the most incredible big and warm sound. I've only picked it up a handful of times, but planning to play it a little more as I gain confidence with playing tenors. :eek:

Nice collection Eugene. That's 'the flying owl', isn't it? How do you like it?

g'day Dude. Different. The neck is very wide and chunky and took a little getting used to. Also the bridge and saddle are positioned so that the action is a lot higher than I'm used to. That said, it is awesome fun to play. It's strung with hi G aquilas at the moment and it has a lovely crisp tone but with just enough bottom end. Good sustain and projection. Very happy with it, and it is so pretty. I'm shallow I guess but the pretty one's always send me into a tailspin...he he :eek:

Top Bottom