Ukulele picture thread

ahavg

Reaction score
Im not sure if theres a thread for this already or if this is the right place to post but i figured it would be cool to post pics of our ukes just to showcase them, hopefully this can be a place to check out nice pics of ukes all shapes and sizes
just post a pic, brand, and model

5436821371_eac85861ce_b.jpg

5437466535_5bea91dce4_b.jpg

Lanakai :cool:

Yep, this is done every so often, but no problem with showing them off anew every so often. This is only a partial collection of mine and my daughters personal stash. We ran out of room on the couch, so there are few guitars, ukes, and a banjo that missed the photo...

What these are are in my sig. As far as Ukes, it's "Iz", "Ku'upoki'i", "Cinderella" and pre-surgery "Bango",

03292011C.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, this is done every so often, but no problem with showing them off anew every so often. This is only a partial collection of mine and my daughters personal stash. We ran out of room on the couch, so there are few guitars, ukes, and a banjo that missed the photo...

03292011C.jpg

That's attitude right there in that expression!

The original photo thread was called Uke p*** and went for 102 pages. With so many new members and new purchases as well, I guess another picture thread can be started. If you'd like, I can rename it Uke p*** II.

That's attitude right there in that expression!

Yeah, everytime I get a picture of her with her strings, she likes to hold that "Rock & Roll" swag look, lol.. We laugh at it, because we know the real kid. She's got an go getter attitude, but a sweet kid with a heart of gold.. But, shhhh, don't tell anybody though.. hahhah

The original photo thread was called Uke p*** and went for 102 pages. With so many new members and new purchases as well, I guess another picture thread can be started. If you'd like, I can rename it Uke p*** II.

might be better just to continue that thread

edit: after looking through that this thread would be nicer to get more info on each uke, so uke p*** II it is!

Last edited:
IMG_0444.jpg

S&J Crafts Mango Tenor, Kamaka HF-3 Koa Tenor, Mainland Mahogany Tenor

IMG_0453.jpg

Lanikai LU-21T Signed by Jake Shimabukuro

I'm crushin on that Mango.. that is cool looking..

I do not know if it needs to be renamed but with new members and new purchases, I think a new picture thread is a great idea.

Have to do two posts..

Astrid-sig.jpg

Astrid - No idea what make, just random cheap Purple Soprano Ukulele

Lilo-sig.jpg

Lilo - An Ohana SK10S, my first "proper" Ukulele - also a Soprano

Rhea-sig.jpg

Rhea - A Luna Tattoo Pineapple Soprano Ukulele

Watch the next post for my other two! :D

Hoa-sig.jpg

Hoa - A Koa Pili Kiko Soprano Solid Body Ukulele

And my newest!

216470_10150150205062507_757352506_6674682_4859478_n.jpg

Hope - My Tanglewood TU 1CE Acoustic/Electric Ukulele

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzukesphoto2.jpg
zzzzzzzukesaaaphoto.jpg

Here are my 2 babies. I also have an inexpensive Lanakai laminate that is with a friend right now.
The flea is going to get a paint job this spring to get her ready for the campfires.
PS. If any of you can tell me anything about the age of my kamaka, I would love that. I got it pre-loved.

I just added the crazy image...I have been playing with some iphone photo apps lately, and this looked just too fun not to share.

Last edited:
Have to do two posts..

Astrid - No idea what make, just random cheap Purple Soprano Ukulele

Lilo-sig.jpg

Lilo - An Ohana SK10S, my first "proper" Ukulele - also a Soprano

Rhea-sig.jpg

Rhea - A Luna Tattoo Pineapple Soprano Ukulele

Watch the next post for my other two! :D

Bug, I remember when all ya had was the Purple Urple, and scared to pull the trigger on the SK-10. You come a long way baby. Good on you. You go girl.. ;)

Bug, I remember when all ya had was the Purple Urple, and scared to pull the trigger on the SK-10. You come a long way baby. Good on you. You go girl.. ;)

Yeah, I still play Astrid, but my UAS is strong! Next one will be a custom! Saving already :D

Personally, I would be pretty cautious about this sort of thing. Almost all phone cameras add "metadata" regarding where and when pictures were taken. If you haven't turned off the GPS in your phone (I have because it's a battery hog) this data can be so accurate as to identify which room of a house the picture was taken in!

Depending on how and where you upload the photos, that data may be on them even after they're posted on the internet.

I've heard of a couple of cases where thieves were trolling people's "look at my stuff" threads in guitar and firearms forums culling this information to find good burglary targets in their areas.

I'm not saying this poster is a thief setting up such a troll - just recommending that you be cautious wherever you upload photos.

Just about all camera phones append the metadata, and even a few straight up cameras actually have GPS systems and tag the photos (mostly high end SLRs, I think).

While there are utilities to manipulate or strip metadata from photos, probably the easiest thing is to display the photo on your screen, do a screen capture, then crop (if necessary) the capture and save it to a new graphics file.

John

I'm glad I am old school then. the camera I use, is just a freaking camera.. lol.. (I can't believe I refered to a digital camera as "old school")

I would suggest posting an image rather than an attachment. I feel you can show a clearer and much more detailed image. See this post regarding posting images. I use Photobucket and use the image code to post images. Here's an example . . .

IMG_0190.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom