UKE CHAT with UU's Ryan!

pdxuke

Reaction score
UKE CHAT THIS SATURDAY!

Ryan Esaki is our special guest this week! Learn about the origins of UU, it's vision for the future and how cyberspace can be used to spread the Uke Love!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ukechat

Show Times (LIVE) for this Saturday's Uke Chat:

Hawaii Time: 7am -9am
Alaska Time: 9am-11am
Pacific Time: 10am-Noon
Mountain Time: 11am-1pm
Central Time: Noon-2pm
Eastern Time: 1pm-3pm
GMT +0: 5pm-7pm

If you can't listen live, the show will be archived.

Call in with questions for Ryan: (805) 669-0210
Or, create a free account with www.blogtalkradio.com and you can SKYPE me!

Can't listen live but have a question? Email to: ukechat@gmail.com

Aloha!

I have registered, and I am on the site. How do you Skype in? Do I need your Skype address or name, or will a button magically appear that says Skype when the show is running?

–Lori

Again Thank you UU guys for all your hard work and for helping open up the Ukulele to some many of us Uke players. -Cheers!

Thanks for tuning in guys. We really do appreciate how you guys have adopted the mission to spread the ukulele and the aloha spirit around the world.

Listened in for the first time. Well done, all o' yez! Nice to hear the UU message being spread.

Just listened to the archived show.

Great. I really enjoy listening to Rayan.

I hope UU makes an appearance at the 41st Annual Ukulele Festival in July at Kapiolani Park this summer.

I generally see Aldrine walking around. It would be great to have a UU banner so we can identify each other
to chat and enjoy the performances.

Hope to see some of you (readers) this year. I'll try to remember to wear my UU t-shirt.

Keep uke'in',

I have registered, and I am on the site. How do you Skype in? Do I need your Skype address or name, or will a button magically appear that says Skype when the show is running?

–Lori

Lori - its a little late now, but when I called in with Skype that last time, I had to call a number using Skype. When I did, I could hear the show over Skype. I listened to the rest of the show that way. Only when Thom wants to talk to you does he have to call on you, but he can see your Skype name waiting. I hope that is not too confusing an explanation.

Another great show Thom. I enjoyed listening to Ryan tell about how they got UU started. Thanks also for asking him the question about SoundCloud.

I finally figured it out. There is a little Skype icon next to the phone-in number, and you click on that to get into the queue (a label saying "click here to call by Skype" on that button would work wonders). I would take a screen shot of it, but it isn't available unless the show is live. Maybe next week I will get a screen shot, because I think it would help people figure out how to call in for free. Registration was smooth, but requires a little time, so people should sign up before the show starts, since they need to respond to an activation email before they can participate. It's been awhile since I used Skype, but it seemed to work pretty well. Some easy-to-find step-by-step instructions would encourage your callers. I didn't find the process obvious, and I have done similar activities before. Imagine what someone with no experience would do. Anyway, nice show, and great guest!

–Lori

Top Bottom