Fs: Big island ukulele co. - big island series solid koa concert ukulele model<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimosTherapy

Reaction score
Fs: Big island ukulele co. - big island series solid koa concert ukulele model<SOLD>

SOLD

BIG ISLAND UKULELE CO. BIG ISLAND SERIES UKULELES

*$450 INCLUDES FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE LOWER 48 CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES & HUMISTAT CASE HUMIDIFIER*

BRAND NEW MODEL ... PRE NAMM SHOW SNEAK PREVIEW - BIG ISLAND SERIES MODEL KTO-CTF SOLID KOA ROPE CONCERT UKULELE

This is a lovely NEW AND RARE BIG ISLAND UKULELE CO. - BIG ISLAND SERIES SOLID KOA ROPE CONCERT UKULELE MODEL KTO-CTF with mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge, tortoise top and back bindings, rope purfling, rope rosette, and gunuine bone nut and bone saddle for great intonation. It is basically new, but I am selling it as "USED"

Why is this Big Island Ukulele Co. ukulele so rare? Let me tell you ... there were only a very limited number of prototypes made with the fretboard markers that are shaped like the Big Island of Hawaii and it also has the traditional headstock, not the "HONU" rounded shaped headstock. This model was introduced at the 2011 NAMM SHOW this past January. These prototypes will no longer be made - the production models will have just the regular "DOT" fretboard markers.

I bought this fine ukulele from Mike, a.k.a. musicguymic, one of the biggest ukulele sellers on eBay. He also has a retail store in Kaneohe, Hawaii. "Everything Ukulele under the Hawaiian Sun" for all your ukulele needs. For those of you not familiar with Mike, he has the largest selection of ukes and the most video reviews of ukuleles - not to mention, that Mike is quite an accomplished musician.

I am a Steel String Acoustic Guitar Ki'hoalu/Hawaiian Slack Key Player, just starting to venture into playing the uke. I bought this New Rare Big Island Series Solid Koa Concert Ukulele because of its sheer beauty and amazing tone. Not to mention that it is a very extremely limited and rare model that was made to represent the Big Island Ukulele Co. - New Big Island Series Ukes @ the 2011 NAMM SHOW, which makes these ukes a Collector's instrument. You will definitely have a truly unique and rare instrument that sounds as good as it looks. The workmanship is impeccable and there is wonderful attention to detail from the rope and tortoise binding down to the Koa tuning knobs. The Curly Koa on this uke is absolutely gorgeous and it has the sound to match and will not disappoint. I have come to the conclusion that the Concert size ukulele is just too small for me. I have found that the Tenor size Ukulele suits me the best, because of my guitar playing. I would keep this fine example of an instrument, however, she would never get played. I am selling her to someone that would appreciate a finely made all solid koa concert ukulele and play her the way she was made to be played. She also comes with musicguymic's 4 POINT MGM SERVICE, which consists of:

-FRETS LEVELED, DRESSED, & POLISHED

-FRETBOARD OILED & WAXED

-SADDLE & NUT ADJUSTED FOR PERFECT ACTION

-PREMIUM AQUILA STRINGS INSTALLED FOR GREAT SOUND

About Big Island Ukulele Co.:

The company was started to fill a need in the market for a reasonably-priced, very high quality solid koa ukuleles. Having roots deep in Hawaii in the forestry industry supplying Hawaiian koa to ukulele makers around the world, we felt we could capitalize on our ability to supply high quality koa at an affordable cost for our own line of instruments. Decades of experience in the wood industry working with some of the finest luthiers in the world gave us a special insight into and access to one of the most important parts of an instrument - the WOOD!!! You cannot ever build an excellent instrument if you don't start with excellent wood. This is where our main competitive advantage lies - we are our own source of koa and other local Hawaiian tonewoods. From harvesting the tree to distributing our own instruments - we leave out all the typical middlemen and offer those savings directly to the customer without sacrificing quality! All of our koa is harvested from the Big Island of Hawaii in a manner consistent with the best management practices and abiding by the Forest Stewardship Certification (FSC) standards.

For more information, please see: http://www.bigislandukulele.com/about/index.html

Here is the same ukulele with geared tuners being played in a sound/video sample by Mike, a.k.a. musicguymic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSMhEeFiFFU

Here are the specs:

BIG ISLAND UKULELE CO. - NEW BIG ISLAND SERIES SOLID KOA CONCERT ROPE UKULELE MODEL KTO-CTF

-SOLID CURLY KOA BODY

-SOLID MAHOGANY NECK

-TORTOISE TOP & BACK BINDING

-ROPE PURFLING & ROSETTE

-FRETBOARD MARKERS SHAPED LIKE THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII

-GENUINE BONE NUT & SADDLE

-TRADITIONAL FRICTION TUNERS

-COMPENSATED SADDLE FOR GREAT INTONATION

-PREMIUM AQUILA STRINGS

-GENUINE KOA FRICTION TUNING KNOBS

-OVERALL LENTGTH: 23-3/4"

-BODY LENGTH: 11-3/8"

-UPPER BOUT: 6-5/16"

-WAIST: 5-1/4"

-LOWER BOUT: 8-1/4"

-BODY DEPTH: 2-5/16"

-WIDTH @ NUT: 1-3/8"

-SCALE LENGTH: 15" CONCERT

-FRETS TO BODY 14; 20 OVERALL

-DELUXE PREMIUM O'AHU HARD SHELL CASE

-MGM 4 POINT SERVICE

Attachments

• IMG00029-20110408-0427 (2).jpg
    IMG00029-20110408-0427 (2).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 244
  • !CF(O6ugBGk~$(KGrHqR,!l!E1F4dZbsSBNU0I)pY-g~~_3.JPG
    !CF(O6ugBGk~$(KGrHqR,!l!E1F4dZbsSBNU0I)pY-g~~_3.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 204
  • !CF(O)GgBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!jgE0vfd6Q-,BNU0IWr6zw~~_3.jpg
    !CF(O)GgBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!jgE0vfd6Q-,BNU0IWr6zw~~_3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 243
  • !CF(O33Q!Wk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQE1N!QGQkVBNU0Ip(uuw~~_14.JPG
    !CF(O33Q!Wk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQE1N!QGQkVBNU0Ip(uuw~~_14.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 782
  • !CF(O8Hw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!hcE0iM6q7ikBNU0I15!rw~~_14.JPG
    !CF(O8Hw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!hcE0iM6q7ikBNU0I15!rw~~_14.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
sent you a private message

Aloha CNKguitarsandukes,
I had an Opportunity to play the new Big Island Ukuleles prototypes with the Big Island logo with the uke on top...are you affiliated with them on Waimanu Street???
Mahalo Nui, Happy strummings... MM Stan

Hey mm stan,

No, I am not affiliated with them at all. Thanks for asking. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to play them. What do you thing about their workmanship and overall playability and tone? To me, they are great all around solid wood ukes! For the price - cannot get a better deal. I'm considering selling my 1995 Sonny D Koa Tenor. It's in excellent condition, considering the age. Has an awesome tone! Have a great weekend.

Aloha,

Hey Coconut Willie!

Mahalo for checking out my post. This is a very sweet uke!!! I would love to keep it, but it's just too small for me. If you ever have a chance to play one locally in your area, I recommend to try one! Did you have a chance to browse their website?
Have a good weekend!

Aloha

at the top of the page, under the blue banner is an option that says 'private messages'. anyway, was wondering the shipping to NY. Love the sound of the Honu. I have a Pono mahogany tenor, and it is a fine instrument, but it is a little to mellow and quiet for my liking. Wanna swap?

I hate to do this, but price drop to $500 + shipping. I will pay for the uke to be packaged professionally to ensure damage free delivery.

Where are you shipping it from?

Aloha salukulady,

I'm in Culver City, CA. If you're interested, I would personally deliver it to you. Mahalo for inquiring.

Here's my latest offer: $500 total which includes case humidifier, free shipping, and free professional packing to ensure damage free delivery.

Hi velofille,

I want to clarify that my offer for free shipping applies to the lower 48 Continental U.S. States only. Sorry for any confusion. If you are willing to pay for shipping to New Zealand, then I wouldn't hesitate to send it to you if you want to buy it. Thank you for asking.

I really want it, its so sweet, but after crunching numbers i will have to wait another month. (Kids cheerleading fees are due next week)

Hey, I've been wanting to upgrade and this is exactly what I've been looking for. $500.00 for your original package - now including humidifier and professional shipping sounds like a great deal. If you send me a private message we can arrange for payment.

OK, I did not hear from you so I am moving on to another seller. I assume you have changed your mind about selling or it is already sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom