PDA

View Full Version : Of interest?

UkeFlash
04-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Facebook: Mass Ukulele Flashmob - September 2011

seeso
04-08-2011, 05:56 AM
If you'd like to promote an ukulele flash mob, you'll need to provide better details than that.

mm stan
04-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Aloha Ukeflash,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...not sure what what you're promoting??? You need to provide more information....

UkeFlash
04-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Aloha and thanks for the responses.

More detail. Yes, Sorry for the anonomous post and for the lack of detail but at the moment that is key. I am not a new poster, but have done so in disguise here. Sorry if that's wrong this will be the only thread I post with a psuedonym. You ain't seen me, right? ;)

There is more detail of course but the nature of the event means its good if it stays quiet. Once, and if, a groundswell starts to develop then more will emerge with the final specifics of location only at the very last gasp. What I will say is that its ambitious stuff and IF it works it will be huge fun. Of course it may not work or even get off the ground.

If you are happy register an interest and keep half an eye on it, it might develop and by getting in early you can help shape it? If not that absolutely understandable and fine!

UkeFlash
04-08-2011, 07:00 AM
just in case not obvious, search for the event in facebook!

seeso
04-08-2011, 07:18 AM
just in case not obvious, search for the event in facebook!

I searched and found nothing. You should probably give an actual link.

itsme
04-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I searched and found nothing. You should probably give an actual link.
Found it.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=213805565312865

Time Thursday, September 1 12:00pm - 2:00pm

Location London - location to be announced

Created By Uke Flash

More Info Be part of something big. A Ukulele-based Flashmob will take place in London during September 2011. Details will emerge throughout the summer. Link to this event to be kept informed, and pass on to other ukers!

UkeFlash
04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
:D well done, Itsme.

You never know. It might get interesting. ;)

UkeFlash
04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Link now also here - http://www.mightyukulele.co.uk/

JT_Ukes
04-09-2011, 01:00 PM
The thing I don't understand is .. why be secretive here?

The people you want to surprise, are not gong to be reading this forum. AND the people reading this forum are the people you NEED for the flash mob to work..

I don't get it.

UkeFlash
04-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Hi JT thanks for the post and a totally understandable view. I would probably be the same and wouldn't bother with it.

We could post up all the detail here and it would probably still work of sorts but it would be a different type of experience. There will be many who won't want to play the game (and it is a game - nothing more, nothing less) and thats fine its not everyones cup of tea. Maybe just keep half an eye on it and see. Sometimes the journey is part of the point.

Something might happen. It might be fun. You never know, you might be part of something big.

Good luck to you whatever you decide!

JT_Ukes
04-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi JT thanks for the post and a totally understandable view. I would probably be the same and wouldn't bother with it.

We could post up all the detail here and it would probably still work of sorts but it would be a different type of experience. There will be many who won't want to play the game (and it is a game - nothing more, nothing less) and thats fine its not everyones cup of tea. Maybe just keep half an eye on it and see. Sometimes the journey is part of the point.

Something might happen. It might be fun. You never know, you might be part of something big.

Good luck to you whatever you decide!

AH!

I understand now.. .more of a last minute thing for everyone. gotcha. well, as I'm on the wrong continent... have fun!

UkeFlash
04-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks! Quite a few registering interest now. Any more up for it?

UkeFlash
04-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Rapidly approaching 50 people up signed-up now, or over 100 if we count all the maybes.

Check the FB event for a bit more detail - including the fact that those of us on the inside will disappear from view shortly and go seriously Cloak and Dagger!