first uke

this one is good but I hear that the saddle is pretty confusing and that it has barely any projection when not plugged in
how much are you willing to spend?

haha money really doesnt matter as long as its under 1000
the only thing money really changes is how long it will take me to get it but i want a really good one
and what would be better a tenor or a baritone?

alright something in that range will take me some time to save up for but at least now i know what to shoot for
thanks!

haha yeah i really dont wanna waste my money on cheap ukes.
so im guessing solid koa = good ukulele?

Try Mele

Ryan, try getting a mahoghany or koa top Mele. I bought a tenor koa top mahoghany back and sides with fishman pickup for $750. Solid koa is the way to go for looks but the mahogany sounds a little better. The main thing is to get a solid wood uke. Also the baritone is tuned like the guitar some how and the tenor is traditional uke tuning. If you get a tenor go with the low G string sounds much better.

Ryanxxxx, someone recommended to me tangiukulele.com. I was blown away by the sound (over the phone) and the price. Not sure how they are but I think I may purchase one.

John

haha yeah i really dont wanna waste my money on cheap ukes.
so im guessing solid koa = good ukulele?

I don't know. There's some cheap ones that sound pretty good. Personally, I'd rather have several decent ukes than just one really good one. No matter how expensive a ukulele is, it won't change its scale, or the materials it's made of, or any of another countless number of things that change the way it sounds. I love my cheapie ukuleles 'cause I have many, I can change 'em out, I can grab the one that sounds the way I feel at the moment.

Plus, if one gets broken or stolen or whatever, it'd hurt a lot less, having spent a few hundred or less, whereas losing my one and only thousand dollar ukulele would probably just drive me to quit playing.

Top Bottom