Ohana TK-35G-5

Pippin

Reaction score
I received a couple of ukes from Ohana to review in Ukulele Player Magazine. In the next issue we will be reviewing the SK-38, the "Martin 2"-based uke. It is a sweet little soprano...

What was really exciting was the Ohana TK-35G-5 (great tone!). This is a five-string with the re-entrant "g" and a WOUND "G" string in one course (side-by-side). This uke has a superb finish and a RICH, FULL SOUND that is amazing for the price-point. In ISSUE 20, WE WILL BE GIVING THIS ONE AWAY.

Right now, there are some incredible things happening in the world of ukulele. Between Ohana and Kala there are a bunch of new models available and more are coming. Also, we have exciting reviews coming from Anue-Nue Ukulele... the model 1879 will be reviewed in the next issue (solid Hawaiian Koa- based on a 1917 vintage uke-- and it has PegHeads).

I have been playing around with the Ohana TK-35G-5 since it arrived yesterday. Before Issue 20 breaks, there will be a video or two online. This uke sounds fantastic.

Lori (of Uke Leash fame) has one and loves it. She's brought it to the Canogahana Players meetings and it has a terrific sound. I have a TK35G that is also a good sounding piece. The dash5 is pretty cool.

Yes, I have been loving my Ohana TK-35G-5!! I wanted to do a video review by now, but have been way too busy with work, Uke Fests, and Uke Leash business. I still plan to do it, because I think there are some very cool techniques you can do on the TK-35G-5. Whoever wins that uke will be very lucky!

–Lori

Top Bottom