Your opinions Please

Tinklespout

Reaction score
Hi, I would appreciate some feedback on the best strings (manufacturer & material). I bought a baritone Kala EA-EB Koa wood guitar and like to play ballads and softer type songs. I'd love to hear some feedback on the best strings for this type of music. I read about some synthetic "gut" strings that were supposed to have a good sound. Are gut better sounding than wound? Any thoughts comments would be appreciated. Thanks so much. Kim

Dont know what the best is, but I know what works for me. I like to play blues, jazz etc mostly. I like Aquila Nyguts. They seem to be a fuller warmer sound to me that fits that, and may fit your stuff too..

I also like Fremont Flourocarbons as well, but they tend to be a little bit brighter than the Aquilas..

Hope this helps at least some..

By the way, Welcome to this forum. You will find everyone here are very helpful, and friendly and welcoming.. Lots of great info and resources here.. Take off your coat and stay awhile..

Hi and welcome. I play jazz and swing, baritone only. I recently discovered Southcoast low G string (linear) and I am fully converted. I've since ordered multiple sets. I love the tension and they have a warm, mellow sound. Great strings.

Top Bottom