Mele Solid Mahogany Baritone w/Solid Koa Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
---SOLD---

I am selling my Mele solid mahogany baritone with solid koa top because the neck is too wide for my playing style and I need to clear out one or two more instruments from my herd. The neck is 1-7/16" wide at the nut. I judge the playability of an instrument based on how easy (or hard) it is to barre all four strings at the 5th fret. The strings on this instrument are spaced too wide at the 5th fret to accomodate my style of playing.

I just got this new about a month ago. It is as new except for 3 very small and insignificant "dings". One is located just below the bridge and there are two on the neck. None of these is consequential but I needed to mention them for full disclosure.

It is strung with Worth browns tuned to low G - C - E - A. It has a very pleasing tone. Here is a link to my YouTube channel for a sound sample:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhenDogsSing?feature=mhum

The action is low, no buzzing or issues of any kind.

It has a two piece koa top and a one piece mahogany back.

Includes a hard shell case.

I am asking $425. and I will pay shipping within CONUS.

I prefer and accept PayPal.

Thanks for looking...!!!

Attachments

• 100_2930.jpg
    100_2930.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_2929.jpg
    100_2929.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_2934.jpg
    100_2934.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_2933.jpg
    100_2933.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2931.jpg
    100_2931.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Nice double-pukka design. :) Did you get this one from MGM?

Worth makes a low-GCEA set of strings for baritones? Where can I find those?

What's the string-spacing (outer-edge of 4th string to outer-edge of 1st string) at the nut and the saddle? I'm wondering if it might be a very good fingerstyle ukulele.

Last edited:
Nice double-pukka design. :) Did you get this one from MGM?

Worth makes a low-GCEA set of strings for baritones? Where can I find those?

What's the string-spacing (outer-edge of 4th string to outer-edge of 1st string) at the nut and the saddle? I'm wondering if it might be a very good fingerstyle ukulele.
MGM doesn't sell Mele.

Hi GVlog,

I bought it direct from Mele for $800. with the case. For a baritone ukulele tuned to lowGCEA, I buy a set of Worth brown baritones meant for DGBE tuning, throw away the D string, and use the G, B, and E strings for the GCE strings. I then use a Worth brown .0185" string for the A string. I hope that is not "clear as mud"...Ha! Ha! Ha! The string-to-string measurements are:

Nut - 1-3/16"
Saddle - 1-15/16"

It is a fingerpickers dream...!!!

Hope this helps and thanks for asking...!!!

Man you are right....she does sound sweet!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom