I gots me a new uke! :3

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Yup! :D

I've always wanted a Martin ukulele. I picked one up at a music shop in LA. MUCH cheaper than I thought it would be. So this is me and "Christine" playing a cover of the song "Out loud" by Dispatch

and yes... I named her Christine :3 The peeps at Huntington beach should know why :D If you wanna know the story behind that, you can ask one of the people who attended if they remember anything about a name "Christine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdLxWthcHT8

Check it out guys. Mahalos!

Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard one actually sound that good. What strings did you put on it?

As soon as I got home from LA I went to work on this uke. The intonation was a little off so I fixed that by fixing the saddle. It had a little buzz on the C and E strings as well. I fixed that by dropping a couple of drops of super glue and letting it settle so that it raises the nut a little bit.

The final touch was a set of D'Addario strings with the low g :D

...it instantly became my new fave ukulele to jam on.

Well, whatever you did certainly made an improvement. Nice sounding uke! Maybe I need to check one out.

OMG that Martin sounds warm and sweet. She's a wonder to listen to. Think we can maybe get a Uke Minutes on the adjustments. I would love to learn how to work on my ukuleles.

Wow! Christine sounds amazing! She's got some real soul in her sound... very different from what I was expecting (but I've never heard a Martin uke before).

Think we can maybe get a Uke Minutes on the adjustments. I would love to learn how to work on my ukuleles.

That would be a great Uke minutes. Some handy tips on DIY adjustments; good idea david98116!

Last edited:
Top Bottom