My bride's debut

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
The bride is gonna kill me, but I had to sneak a shot of her entry into the madness we call the Uke Epidemic.. She's getting better... ;)

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
Didn't she just start a few days ago, wow she has made really good progress already....how cool...can't blame her not wanting to join on the bandwagon...must be so much fun at your house...and ukulele
contagious....Happy strumming to you and your family...MM Stan

Yeah, she took off with "Cinderella" earlier this week. She's not doing too bad for just a few days. Should be fun to have another in-house playa... tryin to talk her into an on video duet, but haven't gotten the approval yet, lol..

Very cool. The family that plays together, stays together.

Very cool. The family that plays together, stays together.

unless they steal each other's favorite ukes? hehheh
But, she doesn't know it yet, but I did get her, her own. I got her one of the ukes I am considering setting up and selling over here in the USA. It's an Acacia (koa?) Tenor. Want to rebuild/set up on these things, so I figured I get her one of those, set it up, review it and see about getting several of them to turn into good ukes..
acacia.jpg

Hope once I work the bugs out, she'll like and enjoy it..

Last edited:
Great to have another uker in the house. And an excuse to buy more ukes.

Kudos to the bride. Great job!

Good idea. that way everybody wins! She get's a new uke and you get to keep all yours:D
Is Acacia the brand?

No Acacia is the wood. They are calling it "Koa" but I don't think it is. It might be a "species" of it maybe? But they are calling it, because it looks like it. It is supposed to be a pretty nice wood, and a cheaper alternative to Koa, as well as a aromatic wood. So, we'll see.. It is actually a "no Name" built is a shop in Vietnam. They are said to be "pretty" ukes, but lack attension to mechanical details for playing. Basically wall hangers out of the box. But have been told by a few Luthiers that they "aren't bad" and can be re-worked into a decent player, so that is what I am hoping for and aiming for.

Maybe Australian blackwood? It is an Acacia and is often used as a substitute to koa. Let us know how it turns out.

I think she's been air strumming before. She is doing good.

Given you are still allowed on the forum I take it she has not discovered you did the video! HA! She really is doing great but she probably is still going to let you have it for doing this! Keep your head down!

This is sooooo awesome! Hope that uke turns out to be lovely and playable!

Given you are still allowed on the forum I take it she has not discovered you did the video! HA! She really is doing great but she probably is still going to let you have it for doing this! Keep your head down!

Actually, after the shock wore off, she liked the video and even posted it on her facebook, lol.. I am gonna try to catch another one soon. But I am still trying to get her to play a duet with me on video but she hasn't signed on for that yet..;)

Top Bottom