UAS Strikes Again!!

shrink9

Reaction score
Well, folks, I vowed that I had purchased my last uke for a while--that while didn't last so long. Look what I bought today--a Compass Rose Tenor Uke. I don't yet have it in hand but it should arrive in the next few days. Would you look at that wood!! It is solid Santa Cruz County Sycamore. Amazingly beautiful work of art, if you ask me!!

COMPASS ROSE TENOR UKULELE p.jpgCOMPASS ROSE TENOR UKULELE b.jpgCOMPASS ROSE TENOR UKULELE c.jpgCOMPASS ROSE TENOR UKULELE o.jpgCOMPASS ROSE TENOR UKULELE r.jpg

That is pretty... I am diggin that nautical compass rosette..

That is some wild looking wood!

That wood is stunning. Do you know what kind of sound (bright, muted, etc.) a Santa Cruz sycamore soundboard produces?

Love the wood, but the best thing is you can take it and play it in the woods and not get lost.. But of course ya got to be sure it stays pointed North.. ;)

I'd be interested in a sound clip from it.

Nice score on that tenor!

I was thinking about trading mine but decided to keep it. It has a custom DTAR Timber-line active pickup. The articulated fretboard is really something. The soundboard resonates like crazy. I really love it.

Hers are a few shots of mine...

compass1.jpg

compass2.jpg

compass3.jpg

compass5.jpg

Yeah, that floating fretboard is really something! The last guitar I played that had one (Okay, the only guitar I ever played that had one!) was a Gibson Custom Shop Single pickup Blond ES-175, that was part of the Gibson tour that travels the US. Ultra Sleek, and the only electric guitar I tried that had me drooling.... Played through the Line 6 Pod, on Clean, it was also the only electric guitar they had with ZERO distortion - but the fingerboard was a dream.

The compass Rose fingerboard looks to be every bit as wonderful. (And the rest of the uke ain't too shabby, either!)

I look forward to the sound clips!

-Kurt

That's a gorgeous ukulele.

::drool::

Aloha Shrink9,
Congrartulations on the beautiful Compass Rose Tenor Ukulele Purchase....it looks sooo Hypnotic..wow wee...Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings..Let us know moore about when you get it...MM Stan

Well, folks, I vowed that I had purchased my last uke for a while--that while didn't last so long. Look what I bought today--a Compass Rose Tenor Uke. I don't yet have it in hand but it should arrive in the next few days. Would you look at that wood!! It is solid Santa Cruz County Sycamore. Amazingly beautiful work of art, if you ask me!!

View attachment 22492View attachment 22491View attachment 22490View attachment 22489View attachment 22488

Is that a high-gloss? I have one on order just like that, but with a sound-port. I have been waiting for about four months. Man, am I jealous!

Beautiful ukulele, enjoy!

I had the pleasure to meet and play ukulele with Rick Turner, the builder of these ukuleles. What a really warm and friendly guy. We talked for half an hour about vintage ukuleles. He had a compass rose with him and when he went to talk with some old friends he handed that uke to me, excused himself, and just walked away. He didn't come back for a long time, and I was shocked that he would hand this amazing instrument to a guy he had just met, and then walk away for an hour, completely trusting me.

Let me tell you, it was spectacular.....I know you will be stunned by the beauty, sound, and quality of your new compass rose!

Nice score on that tenor!

I was thinking about trading mine but decided to keep it. It has a custom DTAR Timber-line active pickup. The articulated fretboard is really something. The soundboard resonates like crazy. I really love it.

Hers are a few shots of mine...

compass1.jpg

compass2.jpg

compass3.jpg

compass5.jpg

Real beauty

How do you like that pick-up?

How do you like that pick-up?

It took some getting used to. It's one of the loudest, most powerful pickups I've ever used. It utilizes an external 18 volt power supply ( two 9 volt batteries)

Top Bottom