WTB: Kamaka Concert

philpot

Reaction score
I realize that most people are not in a hurry to give up their K brands, but on the off chance that this might get me somewhere, I am in the market for a Kamaka Concert uke. Preferably newish (meaning not white label), because something about that headstock inlay just gets to me ^.^ however I wouldn't be totally against an older one either. If you have one that you want to sell, please let me know :) pictures and a sound sample would be great. Also, not to suggest that someone else do my work or anything (heh :p) but if you happened to see one for sale it would absolutely be fantabulous if you would let me know. Thanks again! :D

Phil

Gryphon Strings has a 1997 for sale that has some really nice wood. The fretboard and nut look well used, but it looks nice. Good luck.

Hey Phil, seeing your post made me smile :) Wish I had one to sell. Actually, I wish you had won that one on eBay! Best of luck with the search. I'll definitely let you know if one comes up locally.

I will keep my eyes open as well. Thing is, when you find em' at a good price they don't last long. Good luck in the quest.

Gryphon Strings has a 1997 for sale that has some really nice wood. The fretboard and nut look well used, but it looks nice. Good luck.

I saw that, and I am very tempted by it :p the wood is gorgeous... but does it look like there is a little separation in between the two halves of the top? it looks a little too noticeable to me...

Hey Phil, seeing your post made me smile :) Wish I had one to sell. Actually, I wish you had won that one on eBay! Best of luck with the search. I'll definitely let you know if one comes up locally.

Haha well I'm glad to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel ^.^ yes, the one on ebay was nice, but its already gone up past what I think its worth. If I was going to spend that much, I would save a bit more and get this gorgeous concert from Mandolin Brothers... http://mandoweb.com/Instruments/Kamaka-HF-2+Concert/912.aspx#
If I could have any concert I've ever seen, that would be it.

I will keep my eyes open as well. Thing is, when you find em' at a good price they don't last long. Good luck in the quest.

thats the trouble I have :p so I'm hoping one magically pops up now that I'm ready to get one ;)

Aloha Philpot,
In hawaii craigslist, very rarely about 1-2 times a year we some Kamaka concerts go for 500-600 dollars..well used to be 500.00 maybe not now....good luck in your search....but a new one always sounds nice..
Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aloha Philpot,
In hawaii craigslist, very rarely about 1-2 times a year we some Kamaka concerts go for 500-600 dollars..well used to be 500.00 maybe not now....good luck in your search....but a new one always sounds nice..
Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Before I could afford it, I saw one go for 500 on the orange county craigslist, and one for 600 in seattle. my heart broke a little.

Good luck to you! I was smiling reading this - I just decided to suck it up and bought mine a couple months ago online. It's not the sexiest looking uke on the planet, but it just gets better and better each time I play it (I think it's opening up - certainly isn't my playing!). I'll keep an eye out for you, too.

I understand your desire for one: I think my Kamaka concert is my favorite uke. I would be willing, however, to sell it to you for $10,000.

(Seriously--will keep my eye out. Good luck!)

I understand your desire for one: I think my Kamaka concert is my favorite uke. I would be willing, however, to sell it to you for $10,000.

(Seriously--will keep my eye out. Good luck!)

Thats about as good of a deal as the "unused" white label concert (complete with self admitted scratches on the body) that just showed up on ebay with a starting bid of 800 bucks ;)

philpot,

Good luck with your search! I just wanted to say that I recently bought a Kamaka HF-3 Tenor through Mandolin Brothers and had a great experience with them. It's hard to drop that much money on a uke sight unseen. But everyone I spoke with there was extremely helpful and super friendly and they have a three day approval period. I couldn't recommend these guys enough. BTW the one in the link you provided is gorgeous!

Haha well I'm glad to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel ^.^ yes, the one on ebay was nice, but its already gone up past what I think its worth. If I was going to spend that much, I would save a bit more and get this gorgeous concert from Mandolin Brothers... http://mandoweb.com/Instruments/Kamaka-HF-2+Concert/912.aspx#
If I could have any concert I've ever seen, that would be it.

This one really is gorgeous.

I received a reply from Gryphon about the 1997 HF-2 they have. There is apparently a "repaired" top separation, between the two halves of the top that seems very noticeable... he said there is an indentation about 5/8ths of an inch long on the lower left part of the body, and a top deflection in front of the bridge. Give me some advice here, cuz this seems like rather big stuff. Its a decent price, and I really like the wood on it, but is it worth it with those issues?

Alright :) thanks guys :D this forum is so helpful. I can only hope my dream uke falls into my lap when the time is right...

Top Bottom