Made my first adjustment to my Uke today!

franck3d

Reaction score
I got a new Eleuke SLC this week and at first I was really disappointed with it.
The action was really high so all the fretted notes were going sharp.
I was on the verge of sending it back, then I decided to take it to a local guitar shop to have them take a look at it.
Luckily (for me, not them) they would not have been able to get to it until next week.
So I started to search around UU for a solution. 30 minutes later I was parked at my kitchen table with a sheet of sand paper.
I filed it down to almost half the original height, popped it back in and Wow what a difference!

It feels really good to be able to do these things for myself!
Although I think my other uke will have to go into the shop for some fretwork (unless I decide I can to that for myself, too).

And I also cooked fish for the first time today!

Milestone all around!

I got a new Eleuke SLC this week and at first I was really disappointed with it.
The action was really high so all the fretted notes were going sharp.
I was on the verge of sending it back, then I decided to take it to a local guitar shop to have them take a look at it.
Luckily (for me, not them) they would not have been able to get to it until next week.
So I started to search around UU for a solution. 30 minutes later I was parked at my kitchen table with a sheet of sand paper.
I filed it down to almost half the original height, popped it back in and Wow what a difference!

It feels really good to be able to do these things for myself!
Although I think my other uke will have to go into the shop for some fretwork (unless I decide I can to that for myself, too).

And I also cooked fish for the first time today!

Milestone all around!

Mmmmm...fish!

Aloha Frank,
Nice when you accomplish things for the first time...it's a good feeling....care to share some fish??? he he..

Hi

It's cool that you adjusted your own ukulele. It is a good skill, and understanding how the action works is a good thing to know. Trust me - My lithier banned me from ever touching my own guitars and ukuleles. He said it takes a lot of time to undo the damage. I do it anyway.

Did you cook catfish? Salmon? Tuna? My favotie is Mahi Mahi.

Cheers
Chief

Great job on both of your accomplishments! I enjoy steamed Parrot Fish myself.

it was blackened tilapia served on toasted buns with red cabbage, avacado and pickled onions with a yogurt and srirachra sauce.
And baked sweet potato fries!

Mmm, getting hungry again!

Wow, you sanded the bridge in half? I mean you lowered the action by half?!
That's a HUGE amount to be out. Bad workmanship from the factory.

Glad you solved your own problem though! And who doesn't love some nice Abacore encrusted with crushed macadamia nuts, with a coconut key lime sauce! (I had that the other day and it was AWESOME!)

Cheers,
Skottoman

Top Bottom