Your #1 favorite "go to" Banjo Uke song.

pepamahina

Reaction score
I have a Firefly banjo uke from flea coming on Thursday, so I'm thinking about good songs to learn on it. Banjo uke players out there, what is your #1 favorite banjo uke tune? If you have a link to video or tab, so much the better. I'm so excited!

I think I have to say "Sunny Afternoon" for this one. It's the first song I played on the Banjole, and just love it. I play it with a total different arrangement on the regular uke, but on the banjole, I pick up the tempo and make it a cool fast paced fun tune that sounds cool on the banjole.. My Banjole version is more of a "rag time" flair to it..

"Rainbow Connection", of course! *grin*

Aloha Pepamahina,
Congratulations on your firefly, let us know how it turns out and how it sounds..give us a small review if you can...would appriciate it very much!!! Have Fun and Enjoy!! Happy Strummings Girl, MM Stan

Five-foot-two, soldier's joy, the last thing on my mind, ragtime cowboy joe.... All sound pretty good on a banjo uke.

-Kurt

Last edited:
OMG, I love George Formby, he's sooooo funny!

You guys are all so wonderful, thanks so much for all of your personal suggestions!
I summarized the playlist that you guys have suggested so far (and thanks for all of the great links as well):

Ain’t She Sweet
China Town
Five Foot Two
Hello My Baby
Last Thing On My Mind
Rainbow Connection (of course!)
Ragtime Cowboy Joe
Soldier’s Joy
Swanee River
Sunny Afternoon
When I’m Cleaning Windows
Whiskey In The Jar

Anybody else out there know a great banjo uke tune I shouldn't leave out?

GF, Always a go to. Love that guy, and can watch those old clips of him all day.. Ya can never go wrong playing his stuff on a Banjole..

Got to agree with "anything by George Formby"! "Leanin' on a lamp post" is one of my favorites, as well as "When I'm cleaning windows", and "Five foot two" is always a great uke song but even more so on a banjo uke.

I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire by the Ink Spots

Top Bottom