Ashbury ukuleles?

ItsMrPitchy

Reaction score
My birthday is next month and im deciding on what ukulele to get. The local shop says they have Ashburys between £200-250 which is my price range. Does anyone have any experiences with ukuleles form Ashbury and would you recommend one?

I bought my wife an ashbury Tenor and she loves it, I don't know what model it is but I only paid £110 brand new. It has a lovely tone and the intonation is spot on. But I'm sure for the money you have to spend, you could get something nicer.

Ashbury seems to be a UK and/or europe only brand, they rarely turn up on this side of the pond. I have one of their banjoleles, which is very nice, but I have no idea what the rest of their line is. Best bet, go to the shop and check them all out in person. Try to avoid buying on the first trip, just try them all out, and let your impressions settle afterwards.

Thanks for the feedback.
Im going to try out an ashbury Au-24t. However, im visiting two more shops one with kalas and one with ohanas so i will see which one i get in the end. The only problem for me not buying on the first trip is that most of the shops with decent ukuleles are an hour or two drive away. So i will have to visit the shop furthest away last and make my decision there if i want one of their ukes. If not i go to the other two shops no problem. But with the shop furthest away i will only get a chance to go there once in the next month.

If that makes any sense?

Top Bottom