Frankfurt Trade Fair

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I was at the Frankfurt Musikmesse last week representing Ohana.

Here's a little video I made to try and capture the flavour of the event.

Ohana at Frankfurt 2011

K-Mid himself even makes a ghost like appearance in the reflection of the Ohana uke's!

Thanks Ken, that was cool to see.

Really cool, tell us about that tear-drop resonator, looks very interesting.

Thanks for the quick tour! I would have liked to try out the Hurdy Gurdy! I saw some loose colored strings on a table in a booth, near an Aquila banner. Were those colored strings by Aquila, or somebody else? That Vita Resonator looks interesting. Are you going to do a video on that one?
–Lori

Aloha ken,
Thanks for sharing....it was truely amazing and a very large event, very impressed....wow wee....wish I was there....Happy Strummings, MM Stan
Yeah, the vita ukes caught my eye too....nice table and display..:)

The Ohana Delta Vita Resonator has been available for some months now. To see one you will have to persuade your Ohana dealer to get one in. They sound fantastic. All the reso parts are hand-made in the UK, just like the tenors we do.

Lori, I have already done a video.

The coloured strings are made by Aquila but sold by Aurora (I think). I have some ready to test.

I saw the colored strings at Reno, all they had were soprano.
They would make a great teaching tool since you could just refer to a color string finger and fret.
The string numbers always seem to confuse people since one is the bottom string.

Very cool. I liked the uke boxes tucked into the lighting braces as "shelves." Clever - was that your idea?

John

Very cool. I liked the uke boxes tucked into the lighting braces as "shelves." Clever - was that your idea?

John

It was a clever idea. Unfortunately it was not my idea. In fact it was not even our stand. It was that of a big publishing company that is is using our ukes to promote their books.

That resonator uke is so cool!

Thanks. We had all 3 resos at the show: the Vita, Classic and Retro. The other two were brought out if anyone showed an interest. They cost such a lot to produce and are so easily damaged that we did not want too many people attacking them with plectrums (a lot of German players seem to use picks).

Top Bottom