Fs : Mainland tenor <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
Mainland Classic Mahogany Tenor gloss
very good condition with semi-hard case.
binding pulled away slightly in one spot on top. has been repaired and is hardly noticeable. see circle in pict, otherwise as new.
MAIN 001.jpgMAIN 006.jpgMAIN 007.jpgMAIN 010.jpgnice action and tone
$200 shipped to CONUS

WILL ADD PICT W/ NAME ASAP

Mainland Classic Mahogany Tenor gloss
very good condition with semi-hard case.
binding pulled away slightly in one spot on top. has been repaired and is hardly noticeable. see circle in pict, otherwise as new.
View attachment 22544View attachment 22545View attachment 22546View attachment 22547nice action and tone
$200 shipped to CONUS

WILL ADD PICT W/ NAME ASAP

why did the binding come undone? can youtske a close up of the loose binding? does this effect the sound?

why did the binding come undone? can youtske a close up of the loose binding? does this effect the sound?

Who knows why it happened, sudden change in temp, not enough adhesive, it was like that when I got it. stable and does not effect tone . you can hardly notice it. It's not loose any more, I doubt if it was ever loose. The black line is just slightly bigger.
I don't know if I can get a better pict of it. you can see it if you look at the pict.
If you buy it and are not 100% satisfied, , you may return it. I think these go for about $250 new, then you have to add $40 for a case, and it really looks new. the flaw is minor, this is a pretty uke, very nice grain and finish. I don't know how they can sell so cheaply, these are a real value. This is a solid mahog, gloss tenor, very playable and soundin uke for 2 clams.Ask anyone who has one . I have 2 tenors, the other has a pickup so I'm keeping it. Trying to limit myself to one of each size. hmmm, I don't have a soprinino, or a long neck concert, or a koa or a .........

no pickup

Last edited:
Who knows why it happened, sudden change in temp, not enough adhesive, it was like that when I got it. stable and does not effect tone . you can hardly notice it. It's not loose any more, I doubt if it was ever loose. The black line is just slightly bigger.
I don't know if I can get a better pict of it. you can see it if you look at the pict.
If you buy it and are not 100% satisfied, , you may return it. I think these go for about $250 new, then you have to add $40 for a case, and it really looks new. the flaw is minor, this is a pretty uke, very nice grain and finish. I don't know how they can sell so cheaply, these are a real value. This is a solid mahog, gloss tenor, very playable and soundin uke for 2 clams.Ask anyone who has one . I have 2 tenors, the other has a pickup so I'm keeping it. Trying to limit myself to one of each size. hmmm, I don't have a soprinino, or a long neck concert, or a koa or a .........

no pickup

I've played many Mainlands adn i even own a red cedar concert. How old is the uke?

Thank you James, thank you! I need another tenor like a hole in the head but I was sitting there thinking, "hmmm, don't have one in mahogany, yet."

You saved me! :biglaugh:

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom