New Uke on its way-Mele Tenor Cutaway with Mi-Si

haolejohn

Reaction score
I have ordered a Mele solid california redwood top/solid koa back and sides tenor cutaway with a mi-si and hardcase. Should arrive sometime next week after the mi-si is installed. I am pretty stocked.
I called Mele and told Cheryl my budget and told her what I had. I am pretty excited b/c I have never heard redwood before but i wanted something that I didn't already have. I am quite pleased and can't wait to get it. If I really like it, I will be putting a very nice tenor up for sell soon to compensate for the funds going out.
Here are the pics I was sent
205115_10150151040140208_593995207_6651274_5868147_n.jpg

207341_10150151039725208_593995207_6651269_4729568_n.jpg

Aloha haolejohn, congratulations thats a sweet looking ukulele, like that redwood top.

Make sure to let is know-how the redwood is :)

Nice choice John. Looks beautiful and I'm sure it will sound great as well. You sure are a Mele guy.

That redwood looks sweet. Give us a sound sample when it arrives please.

Congrats John. Are those two dark splotches little knots?

I love the thin heel at the base of the neck. Looks like a shark fin.

Hey John. I am curious how you like the sound of this uke? BTW you need to clear out your PMs.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh............that is one sweet looking tenor (envy, envy, envy). Lots on Google re: redwood tonewood. Your uke should be on the sweeter, mellow side which I personally love. Since it is easier to find "perfect" redwood than red cedar, and since it's characteristics as a tonewood is so similar, it's use is increasing. Once again, a GORGEOUS uke.

Last edited:
Aloha John,
Congrats on the new Mele purchase...wow she's?? a beauty......have you a name for her yet??? Hoku....I guess you upheld you Mele's loyality and pulled the trigger...can't blame you...Your friend, Stan

Congrats John...that is a BEAUTY! I love the redwood and am really dying to hear how it sounds. Mele makes some nice ukes!!!

Top Bottom