PDA

View Full Version : Kala concert mahogany

link1395
04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
So my Mahogany Kala Concert Ukulele must be one of the coolest things i've ever picked up. Probably because it's my first ukulele haha. For some reason my strings hold tune really well and ive had it but a week. It has the aquila nylagut strings on there and they feel awesome. Compared to some other ukuleles i heard it sounds good not really too plinky like a soprano but not completely full like a baritone. I definately wish i wouldve considered a tenor if i knew that it wouldve sounded a little fuller but not quite "guitarish" if you know what i mean. I bought it at a local guitar shop where they were very helpful, the only brand they carried was Kala, but I had already tried the Lanikai at some other music shops. Ive read the Lanikai is one of the best beginners ukes, but the sound of the of Kala Concert is amazing compared to the Lanikai. Understand however this is my opinion and some other people prefer different ukes and sounds and tunes, and i respect that. Really inexpensive too, i got the uke, a soft gig bag, and a tuner and extra strings for all around $165 bucks. Right in a beginner budget I would say and its a good uke, not too small not too big, well haha i dont think any uke is too big, but you get the idea. Thanks for letting me review the Kala Concert Mahogany Ukulele!

Mandarb
04-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Congrats. Glad to hear you are enjoying your Kala.

steelie211
04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Congrats on the new uke!!!! I love my Kala KA-FMT.

mm stan
04-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Aloha link1395,
Congratulations on your new Kala Mahogany concert ukulele and I am happy to hear you are having fun and enjoying it...thank you for the cool review and your and your feeling towards it...Happy Strummings.
MM Stan

Bassukuguy
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Glad you love your Kala Link. The Kala KA-C *i assume this is the same uke* was my absolute first ukulele ever. going Kala is probably the best choice i have made in a long time. great tone and playability.

link1395
04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
YUP! its the KA-C! its my absolute first also and by golley its amazing lovin it and loving the numb and soreness on my finger tips always reminding me of my ukulele :P