Tenor Suggestion?

jaspergretsch

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a tenor, and I wanted some suggestions. I currently have a Mainland Mahogany Concert and I love it, but I'd like to have something different as well, not just "the same thing, just a larger size".

I'd like to find something that not only sounds great but like the Mainland is reputable and built well. I'll be buying from Mike at UR most likely.

My budget is $250-$300.

Thanks!

sailor brand. that is all.

Doh, that it does :) Thanks.

Any other suggestions?

not really. with your budget, I don't think you can get anything better than a mainland.
Maybe a kala acacia but those are just a little bit more. You could look into makai, ohana, kala, or others but $300 for a tenor, you would need to go just a little higher. then again, I am a uke snob so I am sure others can recommend some specific ukes that are in your budget but I have no expertise there. Mainlands rock and they are hard to beat when you stay in that price range.

Last edited:
If you're looking for something that's a bit different, I'd say definitely go for a wood other than mahogany. I'd consider spruce to be generally brighter and louder. Kala has some in your range. I have a Kala thinline and really like it. It's less than your budget, but no one says you have to break the bank. :p

How about a Kamoa Spruce Tenor? It's 300 here in UU, it has a mastergrade spruce top.

Top Bottom