Yep, another one on the way..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've got a couple ukes on the way from that shop in Vietnam. The 1st one was that tenor I got for the wife. This one, I picked up to dissect to see what I need to do to make these not just pretty ukes, but awesome ukes. This one when I get finished re-working might end up for sale. But, I might end up keeping it for myself and making a larger order from them to re-work for re-sale.

This one is a Concert, Acacia (Koa), w/ Maple neck. Not bad looking, altho I wish they didn't do the dark around the edge finish. The back is kinda "lacy" for my taste, but at least it's on the back. Overall, a pretty uke.

uke2d.jpg

uke2b.jpg

uke2-1.jpg

Kind of makes one wonder what they're hiding with the black paint... But that's probably just my suspicious nature. :)

John

It's amazing what you can hide with some black and a little lace... *lol*

She's very pretty Tudorp, I bet she'll love it. :)

Kind of makes one wonder what they're hiding with the black paint... But that's probably just my suspicious nature. :)

John

Not sure. I am sure the wood has blems in them, but some that I have seen from them, they haven't done allot to hide obvious blems. One they sold the other day was bookmatched, but each side had 2 obvious substancial knots in the wood. Looked weird, and I would be afraid of the knots effecting the tone, or worse, falling out at some point. There was no effort in hiding those. But again, I am sure this isn't the best koas cosmetically. Then again, they might be hiding something, but I am going to look at these things under a microschope when I get it here. I am actually considering stripping it and refinishing it so I can get a better look at the actual wood. If I refinish them, it will be in Nitrocelulous Lacqure which I think would turn out really nice.

I am actually considering stripping it and refinishing it so I can get a better look at the actual wood.

You remind me of someone I'm married to.

Looks pretty nice - what is the brand?

Looks pretty nice - what is the brand?

It really has no "brand". It is made in a shop in Vietnam. They sell them on ebay, no name, no lables, no nothing. I think they pretty much sell to re-salers in Europe, and Australia mostly. So, I guess if you are a re-saler, you can put your own lable on them. But, they are kinda known for making nice "looking" instruments but not set up very well for playing. As I mentioned in another thread, I am in talks with the owner of the shop to buy them in "lots" get them in my shop and set them up properly to make them into good players instead of just wall art, and re-sale them here in the USA. They use nice materials, and their "build" is not bad at all, it's just they don't spend time and effort in making them good players. I plan to change that myself for folk in the USA & Canada.

It really has no "brand". It is made in a shop in Vietnam. They sell them on ebay, no name, no lables, no nothing. I think they pretty much sell to re-salers in Europe, and Australia mostly. So, I guess if you are a re-saler, you can put your own lable on them. But, they are kinda known for making nice "looking" instruments but not set up very well for playing. As I mentioned in another thread, I am in talks with the owner of the shop to buy them in "lots" get them in my shop and set them up properly to make them into good players instead of just wall art, and re-sale them here in the USA. They use nice materials, and their "build" is not bad at all, it's just they don't spend time and effort in making them good players. I plan to change that myself for folk in the USA & Canada.

Cool - thanks for the info. Sorry I did not see the other thread. Good luck with the project.

Aw, I like that sunburst a lot.

Good luck.

Aw, I like that sunburst a lot.

Good luck.

Good, that means I have a buyer already? hahahh... After I get finished setting it up, it may end up on ebay, or for sale here if anyone is interested in trying them out.

Good, that means I have a buyer already? hahahh... After I get finished setting it up, it may end up on ebay, or for sale here if anyone is interested in trying them out.

I don't like concerts, so no buyer here.

...buuuuut if you got the one that looks like a Fluke...with this sunburst...I would just have to have that uke. :D

Tammy isn't buying. Her collection is complete.

John

That was what I was thinkng with my electric guitars if I didn't buy AU natural....he he....Knotts lol...

Top Bottom