uke backpack!

lovinforkful

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just wanted to share this little bag I made for one of my ukuleles so I can carry it around the beach this summer or wherever! A couple days after I made it I made a matching uke "sock" for the neck and headstock. Let me know what you think!

The bag is lined with a fuzzy soft fleece to protect the uke a bit.

5618372248_b48446cf1b.jpg

5618372286_81797bbf08.jpg

5618372212_1567c42777.jpg

Wow it looks sweet!!:):) and looks like you added padding too!! just love the designs too
I have one that is one piece and it slips in from the bottom and closed with velcro....
Yours looks alot more fun...thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings, MM Stan:):)

CUTE!! Ever thought about making another one of these to sell? I know an interested buyer (me). My girlfriend would love something like that.

Wow - looks great. Enjoy the beach!

My backpack was handmade by my younger sister , she was a professional Patchwork teacher ^_^

P1000045.jpg

P1000114.png

P1000116.JPG

Eric - thank you! I actually bought some more fabric and padding recently to make more because they're fun and easy to make!

yoshio - wow, looks great! I'd love to have a pattern to make that!

Thanks everybody! :)

Wow cool stuff! I actually got a little case that's made like those violin cases, looks like a soft case but you could sit on it and it'd not crush.

You guys could probably sell a few of your cases on here or on Etsy or something.

etsy.com was exactly what I was thinking too. You should give it a go!

Bit off topic, but what Harmony do you have in the backpack? I see a script logo instead of a decal which usually means older model. Is that a mahogany fretboard or the styrene? Hard to tell from the photo.

Can't help it. It's the collector in me...

Hang on. Just noticed the geared tuners. If those are original them it might be a "Harmony - Est 1892" Asian model?

Last edited:
I would buy a bunch of these :D they're beautiful!

ADorable, and so is yoshio's!

* wishes she could sew *

Bit off topic, but what Harmony do you have in the backpack? I see a script logo instead of a decal which usually means older model. Is that a mahogany fretboard or the styrene? Hard to tell from the photo.

Can't help it. It's the collector in me...

Hang on. Just noticed the geared tuners. If those are original them it might be a "Harmony - Est 1892" Asian model?

I wish I knew something about it! I picked it up in an antique store from a booth run by a guy who fixes up instruments for fun. The fretboard is plastic and the geared tuners aren't original! It had friction tuners and one was broken/they all stank so my boyfriend switched 'em out.

Thanks so much for the support everyone! I have been thinking of opening an Etsy with a couple of other uke-related accessories, like tags for cases and stuff, so I'd love to hear any suggestions from you guys.

Aloha lovinforkful,
Beautiful bag, and yes, it sounds like a marketable item from the responses I read.
About your screen name, SO late 60s early 70s?

beautiful bags! sure beats the cheapo plasticky "gig bag" supplied with my uke!

Aloha lovinforkful,
Beautiful bag, and yes, it sounds like a marketable item from the responses I read.
About your screen name, SO late 60s early 70s?
Thank you! And yes! "Lovin' forkful" instead of "Lovin' Spoonfuls" because I love the music but also food, haha.

easyroller, thank you! My boyfriend got a Makala Doplhin which comes with a cheapy bag too so I need to make another backpack for him!

Would anyone be willing to measure a tenor ukulele for me so I can make up a sample for that size? I just need the length of the body (x 2) plus the width at the bottom of the instrument, and the length of the neck and width, including tuners.

Top Bottom